The Base Model? Maybe Not.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruceMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why would you want a quad cab when you could have a crew cab?
I bought a quad cab because I needed the longer bed and didn’t need a bigger cab. A crew cab with the 6’4” bed is harder to live with what with parking garages etc.

OP you can do better on price. Much better.

Edit: I looked up the sub zero package and it includes a lot like remote start, heated seats and steering wheel, power seat. If this truck also includes a real tow package not just the hitch then it would be sweet. So I don’t think you can really do better on price.

Last edited:

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dunno man people sure gave me a lot of crap when I tried to buy a RCSB, but Ram sold more RCSB's than Promaster vans in '15.. so if there's no reason to make RCSB's then there must be no reason to make probably half the cars anyone makes that sell less than 30k units per year.

Trucks keep getting bigger because emissions standards are tied to footprint, so the bigger they can make the truck the more fuel it's "allowed" to consume before catching penalties.

Garages, parking lots and streets aren't getting bigger though :(

airn890

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a quad cab because I needed the longer bed and didn’t need a bigger cab. A crew cab with the 6’4” bed is harder to live with what with parking garages etc.

OP you can do better on price. Much better.

How much better ?

BruceMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How much better ?
Actually probably not much better. I looked up th sub zero package and it includes a lot like remote start, heated seats and steering wheel, power seat. If this truck also includes a real tow package not just the hitch then it would be sweet.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He/she could be looking at a better price, he/she could be looking at a longer bed and a better price, he/she may like the smaller door in the back ? in any case it's his/her choice so why do you need to know what HIS/HER reasons are? Granted if he/she is buying the truck for you maybe you'll get to have a say in the picture :)

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Price sounds pretty good to me on a non-high end build. Is the MSRP not over $38k?

Machoramdysavage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dunno man people sure gave me a lot of crap when I tried to buy a RCSB, but Ram sold more RCSB's than Promaster vans in '15.. so if there's no reason to make RCSB's then there must be no reason to make probably half the cars anyone makes that sell less than 30k units per year.

Trucks keep getting bigger because emissions standards are tied to footprint, so the bigger they can make the truck the more fuel it's "allowed" to consume before catching penalties.

Garages, parking lots and streets aren't getting bigger though :(

Every time someone asks when the 5th gen rcsb comes out.
They should refer to this.
Footprint, penalties, epa. Don’t forget all the crash testing etc involved in an chassis that’s independent to the model.
Why would they build a rcsb is a better question.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The RCSB thing is weird, I was just thinking about this when I stopped at the grocery store for lunch today I parked my RCSB Ram next to a RCSB Chevy, maybe a 2012 or so model, walked past an old RCSB Tacoma, there were at least 3 other RCSB pickup cabs clearly visible in the parking lot while I was walking up to the store and none of them were even vintage survivors they were all at most 10 years old. But I didn't see a single Fiat 500 or a Dodge Challenger or any kind of Alfa Romeo or Maserati.

It's not even as hard to make a RCSB as it is to make a unique model of car because you can reuse almost every part of the quad cab, same windshield and hood and headlights and all that stuff..

Maybe they screwed up the reg cab production schedule when Ram was talking about closing their Saltillo plant, where the reg cabs were all manufactured. But then they decided to keep Saltillo open

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If this truck also includes a real tow package not just the hitch then it would be sweet.
The "towing package" on a Ram with the 8 spd just adds the towing mirrors and brake controller. The factory towing mirrors don't power fold. The trans cooler is actually the top section of what's also the AC condenser.

BruceMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The "towing package" on a Ram with the 8 spd just adds the towing mirrors and brake controller. The factory towing mirrors don't power fold. The trans cooler is actually the top section of what's also the AC condenser.
You might put quotes around the towing package for a 1500, but I wouldn't. It's a class IV hitch, wiring plus 7 pin and 4 pin connectors, fully integrated brake controller, tow/haul mode, transmission oil cooler, and manual towing mirrors.

Last edited:

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The RCSB thing is weird, I was just thinking about this when I stopped at the grocery store for lunch today I parked my RCSB Ram next to a RCSB Chevy, maybe a 2012 or so model, walked past an old RCSB Tacoma, there were at least 3 other RCSB pickup cabs clearly visible in the parking lot while I was walking up to the store and none of them were even vintage survivors they were all at most 10 years old. But I didn't see a single Fiat 500 or a Dodge Challenger or any kind of Alfa Romeo or Maserati.

It's not even as hard to make a RCSB as it is to make a unique model of car because you can reuse almost every part of the quad cab, same windshield and hood and headlights and all that stuff..

Maybe they screwed up the reg cab production schedule when Ram was talking about closing their Saltillo plant, where the reg cabs were all manufactured. But then they decided to keep Saltillo open

Not to mention they are still going to make 2500 regular cabs, right? In that case, they might as well make the 1500 regular cab as well. If the cab is still being made, and as you mentioned the parts from other cabs can be used, why not offer it?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
He/she could be looking at a better price, he/she could be looking at a longer bed and a better price, he/she may like the smaller door in the back ? in any case it's his/her choice so why do you need to know what HIS/HER reasons are? Granted if he/she is buying the truck for you maybe you'll get to have a say in the picture :)

He/She .... just look below the belt, easiest way to tell, without question and for sure.
Then it;s only a matter of ****** preference and how much lace is in the underwear drawers.

LBGT eieio

Like trying to find 9,000 ways to say it's Sunny outside.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6

I have a QuadCab because the kids moved out years ago, and aside from the occasional visiting offspring, the back seat is mostly used to keep stuff dry on its way home during the rainy season - so I do have a perfectly good use for the back seat even if it never held a single butt. Do I need a CrewCab? Not really - didn't need that much enclosed space back there, and I wasn't willing to pay the premium for it either.