The "Before" picture?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
After a ton of research, I found the perfect truck (for me anyway).

The other guys were either way overpriced, underpowered, or made their beds out of the same material as tinfoil (bleah!) That research led me straight to the Ram 1500.

I live in the Oregon Coastal Range - timber country. The nearest real town of any size is nearly 20 miles away. One thing I learned out here more than anything else when it comes to one's mode of transportation - weak trucks don't last very long out here. Pavement princesses need not apply (especially once you hit the logging roads.)

Depreciation kept me from buying brand-new (I never do that anyway), but I found this big ol' gem with less than 20k on the odometer for barely $22k... Nearly a month later, and I'm still in love with the thing - smooth, handles great on twisty mountain roads (seriously, way better than my wife's little Kia), hauls way more than its weight, and puts up with a lot of abuse

(Example? My first order of business when I got it home was to haul off a literal couple of tons of scrap/trash/etc with it... Another example? A 10-ish pound owl whacked into the grille a couple weeks ago at highway speeds; most trucks would be replacing a radiator after that, but I only needed to clean out all the feathers and then get a new grille piece, which is going in this weekend.)

Now - all that said, there's a lot of little things that look like promising improvements, things that will make life easier (for me, for the truck, etc.) I'll update as I add them, then test them...

Cheers!

truck-pixl.jpg

OP
OP
Random_Walk

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Thank you muchly...

Meanwhile, I'm dying here - my birthday is a couple of weeks off, and my dear missus says I'm not allowed to buy anything for the truck until after that... (she found my little wishlist of stuff).

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
That is a tough one. Make the first purchase something she will appreciate... flowers work!! LOL

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you muchly...

Meanwhile, I'm dying here - my birthday is a couple of weeks off, and my dear missus says I'm not allowed to buy anything for the truck until after that... (she found my little wishlist of stuff).

Ahh that means she’s getting you something from that list lol

Congrats that’s a nice truck

Btw....10lb owl?.....damn that’s a big one

kirkcad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
After a ton of research, I found the perfect truck (for me anyway).

The other guys were either way overpriced, underpowered, or made their beds out of the same material as tinfoil (bleah!) That research led me straight to the Ram 1500.

I live in the Oregon Coastal Range - timber country. The nearest real town of any size is nearly 20 miles away. One thing I learned out here more than anything else when it comes to one's mode of transportation - weak trucks don't last very long out here. Pavement princesses need not apply (especially once you hit the logging roads.)

Depreciation kept me from buying brand-new (I never do that anyway), but I found this big ol' gem with less than 20k on the odometer for barely $22k... Nearly a month later, and I'm still in love with the thing - smooth, handles great on twisty mountain roads (seriously, way better than my wife's little Kia), hauls way more than its weight, and puts up with a lot of abuse

(Example? My first order of business when I got it home was to haul off a literal couple of tons of scrap/trash/etc with it... Another example? A 10-ish pound owl whacked into the grille a couple weeks ago at highway speeds; most trucks would be replacing a radiator after that, but I only needed to clean out all the feathers and then get a new grille piece, which is going in this weekend.)

Now - all that said, there's a lot of little things that look like promising improvements, things that will make life easier (for me, for the truck, etc.) I'll update as I add them, then test them...

Cheers!

View attachment 133219

Nice looking truck!!! And I can certainly appreciate what you're saying about the coast range.....I went to high school in Tillamook. Ya need a good truck for the area you live in.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gave my fiancé money for her nails, toes and eye brows. I got to order a Jay Greene tune out of it. Win win.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum and congrats on the truck.

I'll keep an eye out for ya next time I mosey through Mist