The Ram Dealership Says My '19 Laramie 3500 Dually is Worth $59K. What is it Really Worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealership system is kind of screwed right now. They have to lowball even more than they used to because of old stock they WAYYYY over paid for. Check out this truck :

They're selling it for 99,999 because they have no real choice, they probably paid close to 80k for it a few months ago. I was going to trade into one, and I just happened to be at THAT dealer, they would not budge a single penny on that price lol.

I'd go private party!
That's priced that high so the sales manager can buy it cheap when it sits for a few months on the lot lol

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
The dealership system is kind of screwed right now. They have to lowball even more than they used to because of old stock they WAYYYY over paid for. Check out this truck :

They're selling it for 99,999 because they have no real choice, they probably paid close to 80k for it a few months ago. I was going to trade into one, and I just happened to be at THAT dealer, they would not budge a single penny on that price lol.

I'd go private party!
That is beyond ridiculous pricing. I bought a 2021 2500 Latamie pretty much loaded for 63,000 all in including tax, here in Canada. We pay more than you guys in unadjusted for exchange dollars. Even with an extra 9 grand for the diesel it would have been 72,000. No idea how they can think that truck is worth 100 grand in the States.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is beyond ridiculous pricing. I bought a 2021 2500 Latamie pretty much loaded for 63,000 all in including tax, here in Canada. We pay more than you guys in unadjusted for exchange dollars. Even with an extra 9 grand for the diesel it would have been 72,000. No idea how they can think that truck is worth 100 grand in the States.
I paid 82k for a fully loaded Laramie (2022) from a dealer down the road from the one where that white 99k one is. The one for 99k had some new ones in early 2022, but they were all 15k over MSRP.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's priced that high so the sales manager can buy it cheap when it sits for a few months on the lot lol
I guess.. that seems a little strange, it's still a valuable truck, and with inventory only just starting to come back, I feel like moving every unit would be the go to strategy when you're stock is full of 2015 trucks lol.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I'd go private party!
Wow! $99K for a used Laramie? Dang.

The truck I traded to Granger for my new truck was an 18 2500 pretty well loaded up Laramie. Megacab, Ramboxes, 44K miles, Cummins, 4x4, very clean with newer Michelin tires. I figured it'd fly off their lot. I checked several times and I bet it took 2 months for it to move. And they reduced the price to pretty close to what they gave me in trade. Yeah, yeah, I know the trade in value game. But still, it indicated to me that the used market was slowing down. That truck would not have sat a week last summer.

Last edited:

Trail Ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Edmunds states CarMax is interested and the Estimated Offer Range is $56,272 - $68,586. I only paid, new $64K--a year end clearance and I bought it on the last day of the month.
In 2015, CarMax paid me $2,500 more than the dealership offered me on trade. They cut me a check on the spot and I took an Uber home. LOL

IMHO, you should at least visit a CarMax dealership and see what kind of written offer they give you.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any vehicle is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Doesn't matter what any book or list states what it's worth.
...and there is the effect from local market that could be lower or higher than the national average.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 83966 miles

KLook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Carmax.....I drove in a couple weeks ago and was offered $12000. Got called back a week later and offered $17000.......SO which is it?

Dominic P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would go on some of the sites like Carvana. They will tell you just what they will pay cash deposited in your account. Even if you don't want to sell, it's good info. Not long ago I was offered just about what I paid for my 2019 new. However prices seem to be getting more realistic than they were.

Walt2137

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He is low ball you the price on the Blue book is showing over $66 on trade in especially with the low milage and over 73 on retail

Last edited:

JCE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would go on some of the sites like Carvana. They will tell you just what they will pay cash deposited in your account. Even if you don't want to sell, it's good info. Not long ago I was offered just about what I paid for my 2019 new. However prices seem to be getting more realistic than they were.
This is how I sold my 2022 Toyota RAV4 Prime. Carvana gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. Made $17k on that RAV4 not including the fuel savings running EV a lot last year. Overall it was a good experience.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
This is how I sold my 2022 Toyota RAV4 Prime. Carvana gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. Made $17k on that RAV4 not including the fuel savings running EV a lot last year. Overall it was a good experience.
Carvana is in trouble right now because they overpaid for cars to keep inventory when the market was high.

Reactions: JCE

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Aside from a small dent in the back bumper, my 2019 Laramie 3500 is mint, with only 16K miles. 8 foot bed extended cab w/ H.O. Cummins with Aisin, 12 inch infotainment screen, leather, alloy wheels and a whole host of other options. All maintenance has been done at the same Dealership I bought it from. Their automated value system states $59,000, but what is it really worth?

Dump the POS!

Weren't you just trashing the truck and Ram in another thread because they wouldn't change your fuel pump??

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
It's going to depend on your specific market and comparables. Some markets have not seen as much of a decline in used values. Especially on trucks which tend to hold their value more than cars.

For instance I bought my 2020 2500 Longhorn used with 15k miles in April of 2021 for $59k. I just looked on NADA and the trade in value on my truck with 31k miles is still $57-59k, which tells me they'd put it on their lot for $65-68k.

So if you want top trade in dollar it might be worth checking your value in some neighboring areas.

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I always find it interesting when people think that their opinion on worth truly matters. In the end, your truck, house, watch, bike is only ever worth what someone is willing to pay. I agree that you may have some ability to influence this (especially if you are a good salesperson) but ultimately things are only worth what others are willing to spend. Economics/ market forces, trends and other such outside forces have wayyyyyy more import on worth than what you feel something is worth and all those external forces are subject to change. That said, stick to your guns... practice your sales pitch and hope others feel your for sale item is as valuable as you do.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yep, negotiate hard with the prospective buyer but in the end it is worth only what they will pay .

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
They do seem to hold their value better than most, but it's worth what the market will bear and what someone will pay for it. I bought my 2016 Ram 3500 back in 2018 for $43k with 95k miles. I sold it about 2 months ago with 128k miles for $43k.

During the pandemic I had 3 offers ranging from $50k up to $60k. Unfortunately I couldn't sell it at the time because I had a fifth wheel that I used it for. The market seems to have somewhat settled down though.

mountainlion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l I6
Sounds low. i would guess the dealer ship is working on a 20-25% margin on your trade.