The Ram is gone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tidefan1967

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an.........interesting decision. I got so pi$$ed @ GM I never went back after 2012. My 5.3L was one of the AFM oil-burners.
No AFM on the earlier models. My pop has a 2008 with the 5.3 with AFM. It’s been turned off since like 30-40K. He runs Redline 5W30 in it too. I absolutely hate the newer models. Had two of them that were real POS.
By the way I saw this at the gas station this morning. Gave me a good laugh. Now I’ll probably get banned from the forum, lol.

Attachments

• C152BBD5-375D-447F-9FA6-6CD01C720005.jpeg
    C152BBD5-375D-447F-9FA6-6CD01C720005.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 21

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its a 2007 Classic with the 4.8 V8 so pretty weak next to the Hemi but it runs well and has no valvetrain noise despite having 200K on it. It’s ripe for a cammed 6.0 at some point!

the reason I went with an old GM truck was that I have plenty of experience with them and the 99-06 models were some of the most dependable trucks ever made. Hell my old 2001 Silverado is still going strong at 250K on the original engine and transmission and neither have ever had anything but regular maintenance done to them.
Glad you are hanging around and I think that's a fine decision, nice looking truck!
We have a 2001 Silverado dually, 142900 miles, 8.1 L gas hog and 0 problems can pull or haul anything and still look good doing it.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nice looking truck. I used to buy GM until the redesign for 2007. That's actually what drove me to Ram. Traded in a 2006 Chevy 1500 for a 2015 Ram 1500 and am very satisfied. GM needs to do a lot to gain my support back. Their latest offering is a huge improvement over what it replaced, but I'm still not impressed enough to go back. We'll see in a few years if/when it's time to upgrade again.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slight step down there, but then, it is all always a "personal" choice. I will stay all the remarks and say glad U R staying.

Guess I am fortunate, MY RAM is paid for.
One of the nice things about just owning your stuff outright - things like crazy used car prices don't tempt you :p . I've had offers for mine in the 40s and I only paid 36750, but then I'd have to go out and find a truck to replace it with and I've made this one up just how I like it :)

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One of the nice things about just owning your stuff outright - things like crazy used car prices don't tempt you :p . I've had offers for mine in the 40s and I only paid 36750, but then I'd have to go out and find a truck to replace it with and I've made this one up just how I like it :)
TOOK the "woirds" right outta my mouth. yes, I have a lower trim Bighorn, not all the Bling of Like a Laramie, but the drivetrain and the motor is the same. Just not got all the extra's, but as long as engine goes vroom, trans moves truck, AC and heat work and a lil bit of Music, hey I'm Good. My dealership finally quit bugging me to buy my truck. Heck, it is 3 yrs old now, 18K on odometer, and would cost me 12-20K to replace with a Laramie if not more. My only question is: WHY??? ... lol...

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
TOOK the "woirds" right outta my mouth. yes, I have a lower trim Bighorn, not all the Bling of Like a Laramie, but the drivetrain and the motor is the same. Just not got all the extra's, but as long as engine goes vroom, trans moves truck, AC and heat work and a lil bit of Music, hey I'm Good. My dealership finally quit bugging me to buy my truck. Heck, it is 3 yrs old now, 18K on odometer, and would cost me 12-20K to replace with a Laramie if not more. My only question is: WHY??? ... lol...
So you can "keep the same payments!" hahaha
Like that's something important to older buyers. Just shows how disconnected these sales people are from their customers in expensive truck market.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
IMO the best thing about the change is NO MO Payments :)
Best of luck with the New to you ride ! As you know there is good and bad from any manufacture car/truck !
My buddy from work has a 09 Silverado and it runs great !
Now we need pictures or it never happened !!!

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you can "keep the same payments!" hahaha
Like that's something important to older buyers. Just shows how disconnected these sales people are from their customers in expensive truck market.
I LUV the Payments on my truck, lemme look in my check book, look, I cannot find ne entry for a Vehicle Payment, must be $0.00 a month, :anitoof:, wat a shame, lol... Oh, I see, I pay myself $300.00 a month to go for my investments, modest amount for sure , that must be it, yeah yeah, LMAO...

OP
OP
tidefan1967

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO the best thing about the change is NO MO Payments :)
Best of luck with the New to you ride ! As you know there is good and bad from any manufacture car/truck !
My buddy from work has a 09 Silverado and it runs great !
Now we need pictures or it never happened !!!
A picture is actually in my avatar already. I know it’s kind of like blasphemy but that’s what I have now and I still love the forum. I’ve actually been a member on the gmtrucks.com website even longer than I have here not to mention the Challenger website and probably a couple more and they are all pretty pathetic compared to Ramforum!

Attachments

• 40EB2DB2-9503-4B50-9F92-424A571499E5.jpeg
    40EB2DB2-9503-4B50-9F92-424A571499E5.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 7

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A picture is actually in my avatar already. I know it’s kind of like blasphemy but that’s what I have now and I still love the forum. I’ve actually been a member on the gmtrucks.com website even longer than I have here not to mention the Challenger website and probably a couple more and they are all pretty pathetic compared to Ramforum!
Is that a CHEBY I am seeing?> LOL...... Hey, just like PPL in Bike Group mock my Honda when they ride HD, but U know, My Honda run 200,000 miles easy, them HD not unless U rebuild them 4 times, LMAO.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
the 4.8 isn't bad, had one in my 2003 Yukon. Had it tuned by Black Bear Performance, had all the torque management taken out, thing pulled even better after that. Get it tuned. The GM TM is killer!

Rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
Well I sold the Ram to Vroom last week and took the equity and paid cash for an old GMC Sierra. Sort of a more modern day project vehicle that I can tinker with but with some conveniences and dependable enough to get me where I need to go.

Vroom offered me $46K for it against $37K owed so I said the hell with it. It was a nice truck but I was not attached to it yet like I was my previous 4th GEN so it was pretty easy to let it go.

I will continue to be member here because I still enjoy the forum especially the “Synthetic Oil” thread.

Heres a pic of the “new” truck.
My 2018 Big Horn diesel is paid for also with 50K miles on it. I am very attached to it though. The dealer offered me $46300 for it the other day, I paid $52250 for it over 3 years ago! They hold their value. I have a 64 C10 to tinker with so I'm gonna keep mine. Good luck with the 'new Truck'.

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
ANYTIME you are debt free you have made a good move. I hate your RAM is gone but VERY happy you have no debt. You now can save money , max the GM out to where you want it, as well as pay cash for another RAM when the right deal comes along. I always pay cash and no worries about payments are nice as well as I just went to OK and bought an 11 Ram to fix up to keep my newer RAM off the road when salt is on the roads. TWO Thumbs up for you!!!

SonicBrewed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I sold the Ram to Vroom last week and took the equity and paid cash for an old GMC Sierra. Sort of a more modern day project vehicle that I can tinker with but with some conveniences and dependable enough to get me where I need to go.

Vroom offered me $46K for it against $37K owed so I said the hell with it. It was a nice truck but I was not attached to it yet like I was my previous 4th GEN so it was pretty easy to let it go.

I will continue to be member here because I still enjoy the forum especially the “Synthetic Oil” thread.

I did the same thing with my 18 Rebel and went and picked up an 05 Ram 4x4 for $5k that was in insanely great shape.

Robeffy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
I would go way back, into the 60's and 70's if I wanted to keep a truck forever.

Either get rid of the carb and put on aftermarket fuel injection, or, just learn how to tune up a carb. I rebuilt the Quadrajet on my 73 Firebird so many times, while "tuning it", per a performance book, I could pull it off the engine, disassemble, modify, reinstall in 30 minutes. Carb's are not that bad, just a steep learning curve.

aeromax4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Good luck with the purchase. I had a 2004 with the 5.3, kept it for 15 yrs and only changed the oil/filter tires battery and brakes. I did notice the brake lines were rusting when I traded her in but she never left me stranded on the side of the road. Bought the Ram Laramie Limited before hearing the stories about the lifter issues. Fingers crossed I don't experience any problems.

tbird71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I did about the same thing we had TWO trucks one up in IL and the Ram down in FL, sold the Ram for good money and we'll be driving my 2007 Nissan Titan which I bought new and only has 28,000 mi on it. No sense letting it go to hell just sitting, wife likes it better altho nor nearly as loaded up it's a little smaller around the corners and easier to park for her. I personally like the 5.6 titan motor. There will be another 2019 up Ram in my future but not right now with these stupid prices. We can afford to wait. Good luck with the GM to me sounds like you made a good choice

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye