The Stembridge 2021 RAM Classic "Warhawk" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Franklin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got uneven wear on the Geolandars I had also. I got good life out of them, but they definitely didn't wear the way I thought they should

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My Geolandar X-AT tires have been wearing unevenly and have gotten noisy, so I decided to rotate fronts-to-rears and while I was at it, install the TTC-1211 XHD Rear Coil Kit I had purchased a while back. While I had the wheels down, I checked torque on my spacers, and all was good there.

View attachment 516967

The springs went in easy, and don't appear to have changed ride height any (I did not take measurements, but now wish I had). We'll see how they do the next time I haul a load.

An alignment will be scheduled shortly, too!

es
Does the truck ride any different with those springs?

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Does the truck ride any different with those springs?
Not that I can tell. I have yet to hook the trailer up, though - spent yesterday fixing a slow leak in a tire on the trailer, plus the wheel stud that snapped off when removing the wheel. *sigh* :p

Might be a while, but I'll post "squat pics" as soon as I do haul something.

es

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not that I can tell. I have yet to hook the trailer up, though - spent yesterday fixing a slow leak in a tire on the trailer, plus the wheel stud that snapped off when removing the wheel. *sigh* :p

Might be a while, but I'll post "squat pics" as soon as I do haul something.

es
Been there LOL that sucks. I ended up just getting a new brake drum with all new studs, I just didn't trust the other 4....

Awesome thanks, yeah when you get a chance that would be great. I'm considering getting those springs but I don't want it to ride like a tank when unloaded. I already have Timbergrove air bags in the back but I feel like the springs could be a little better regardless.

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
IMG_2420.JPG

First test of the TTC-1211 XHD rear coil springs I installed a couple weeks ago - they definitely don't squat as much as the stock springs did; the truck looks like it's been leveled more than anything.

The pic below is with the stock springs. Not an apples-to-apples comparison, but with the wagon on the back, it's weight should have been counterbalancing the 8N some. You can see the nose-up attitude on the truck!

IMG_5687.JPG

Ride quality is pretty much the same unloaded, too, so I call these a win-win.

es

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I loved my 1211 on my 4th Gen, so much, I put a set on my 5th Gen.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Rolled through 30,000 miles this past week, accrued in just under two years.

View attachment 524798

No issues with the truck itself so far!

es

That little 8N brings back memories,lol. My Dad had a 1953 9N ,it had a single acting front end loader,and that little tractor got used more then any other tractor on the farm.We always kept the rear blade or cultivator on the 3 point,as it would pick the back wheels off the ground anytime you used the loader if it wasn't counter balanced,lol.I manually picked rocks with that little tractor and stone boat starting at about 9 years old,lol.

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
That little 8N brings back memories,lol. My Dad had a 1953 9N ,it had a single acting front end loader,and that little tractor got used more then any other tractor on the farm.We always kept the rear blade or cultivator on the 3 point,as it would pick the back wheels off the ground anytime you used the loader if it wasn't counter balanced,lol.I manually picked rocks with that little tractor and stone boat starting at about 9 years old,lol.
1953 would have been a Golden Jubilee, a complete redesign of the N Series tractors. The 9N was 1939-1941, 2N was 1942-1947, 8N was 1948-1952.

I farmed 15 acres with mine, and baled many thousands of small square bales of alfalfa. Plowed, disced, plowed snow in the winter, etc. One of the handiest tools I had on the farm!

es

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
1953 would have been a Golden Jubilee, a complete redesign of the N Series tractors. The 9N was 1939-1941, 2N was 1942-1947, 8N was 1948-1952.

I farmed 15 acres with mine, and baled many thousands of small square bales of alfalfa. Plowed, disced, plowed snow in the winter, etc. One of the handiest tools I had on the farm!

es
I do remember something about it being a Jubilee edition.It was an overhead valve engine,wasn't a flathead like the earlier ones,and i'm pretty sure it was a Canadian edition 9N

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Your folks may have generically called it a 9N, but Ford did not have any special variants for export, and the number in the model name refers to the first year of production (9N = 1939, 2N = 1942, etc.). The Golden Jubilee (introduced in late 1952) was a one-year model with special badging celebrating Ford’s 50th year. The 1954 model was just “Jubilee” - they all had OHV engines (all N series were flatheads). 9N and 2N tractors were 3-speed, painted grey ex-factory. The 8N and Jubes were 4-speed, painted red and light grey ex-factory. 8Ns were (and still are) referred to as ‘red-bellies.’ Ford introduced the lightly updated ‘Hundred Series’ in 1955.

Poke here for a lengthy article I wrote on the history of the N Series tractors.

es

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Your folks may have generically called it a 9N, but Ford did not have any special variants for export, and the number in the model name refers to the first year of production (9N = 1939, 2N = 1942, etc.). The Golden Jubilee (introduced in late 1952) was a one-year model with special badging celebrating Ford’s 50th year. The 1954 model was just “Jubilee” - they all had OHV engines (all N series were flatheads). 9N and 2N tractors were 3-speed, painted grey ex-factory. The 8N and Jubes were 4-speed, painted red and light grey ex-factory. 8Ns were (and still are) referred to as ‘red-bellies.’ Ford introduced the lightly updated ‘Hundred Series’ in 1955.

Poke here for a lengthy article I wrote on the history of the N Series tractors.

es
It was red on the belly with grey fenders/hood,and was a 4 speed.I thought it was a 9N but you might be right about it being a 8N.It did have a round badge on the front with 1953 and Jubilee something wrote on it. Dad had the 3 point blade and cultivator for it.The blade was a drag along blade,not a rear push blade,and it was usually always on the little tractor to offset the front end loader.My dad bought a section of unbroke land in the late 60's,and me and that little tractor hand picked more rocks off that section after we broke it with the big tractors then Carter had pills,lol.In the early 70's Dad put bigger tires on it,and filled them with chloride,so we could pick more up with front end loader,but it was seriously under powered with the bigger tires,lol.Once i was into my teens and working on cars,i changed more engines with that front end loader then most,lol

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

es
Good article Ed,i finally took the time to read it and a few of the comments. Dads did have a very similiar round badge on the front as the Jubilee Decal you posted in the comments.
Rick