The Stembridge 2021 RAM Classic "Warhawk" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Awesome looking rig. Where were you able to source the rear seat fold out floor I’ve only found really expensive options.
eBay... I also got a set of "build it yourself" plans from a member here, as I'd given up finding a QC floor, which of course popped up right after I got the plans.

I also have a CC floor (OEM) that I mistakenly ordered, not knowing there was a length difference - I'll be posting it in Classifieds when I get a minute to take photos.

es

WigSmeN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eBay... I also got a set of "build it yourself" plans from a member here, as I'd given up finding a QC floor, which of course popped up right after I got the plans.

I also have a CC floor (OEM) that I mistakenly ordered, not knowing there was a length difference - I'll be posting it in Classifieds when I get a minute to take photos.

WigSmeN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a crew, I guess you are in the US though?I assume shipping to Canada would be price.

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I have a crew, I guess you are in the US though?I assume shipping to Canada would be price.
Yep, I’m in the States. I can give you the box dimensions and weight and my ZIP via PM if you want to calculate shipping to see how bad it will be.

es

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
What a difference a week makes! From temps in the low 70°s:

IMG_6680.jpeg

To temps in the mid-teens:

IMG_6695.jpeg

From mud:

IMG_6620.jpeg

To snow and ice:

IMG_6697.jpeg

Come back, sunshine!

IMG_6685.jpeg

es

Ken Camp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
I gotta tell you that is one of the best builds I've seen in a quite a while. That's TOTM material right there. You should be proud of your work.

Ken Camp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
What brand and where did you purchase the fender flares and splash/mud guards?

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
What brand and where did you purchase the fender flares and splash/mud guards?

Here are the part numbers I ordered for the flares and guards. Note that there are different part numbers for guards depending on whether you have flares or not - these are for "with flares."

1TD26TZZAG Wheel Opening Flare Molding, Right
1TD27TZZAG Wheel Opening Flare Molding, Left
1TD44TZZAG Wheel Opening Flare Molding, Right
1TD45TZZAF Wheel Opening Flare Molding, Left
82214137 Guard - Splash Molded
82214136 Guard - Splash Molded

Many thanks for the kind words. I have a couple more mods left to do when it gets a bit warmer, and do plan to enter the TOTM at some point.

es

Ken Camp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
You gotta give credit where credit is due and thanks for the part numbers. Going to look them up now.

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Seeing that the 2022 RAM Classic Build & Price pages are live, I tried building out my truck both as originally ordered as well as how I have built it out with aftermarket mods.

First up, Olive Pearl is no longer available, so I would have to go with Granite Crystal Metallic instead, same as my previous truck.

As I ordered it, my truck cost $40,655 before the 18% discount I received through a Mark Dodge discount plus incentives. The same 2022 Tradesman B&P configuration comes to $44,090. There are a few options available for 2022 that I could not get when I ordered, but they weren't features I would have selected anyway.

I haven't totaled up what I spent in aftermarket mods, but estimate it to be somewhere around $5K, including wheels and tires. I configured the 2022 Warlock B&P tool as close as I could to the features I added to my truck, which gave me a price of $49,510, and that would be with the same tires that came on my truck, so add another $1K to upgrade to Geolandar X-ATs.

All that to say, I'm glad I bought when I did!

es

Last edited:

YeeterLee

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
just noticed, is that a Navy warfare decal on the front between the fog lamps?
cause it looks like one.

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
just noticed, is that a Navy warfare decal on the front between the fog lamps?
cause it looks like one.
Submariner dolphins - came off my Dad's truck (he passed in 2018). He was an E3 Machinist's Mate on the SSR-312 Burrfish during the Korean conflict.

es

18GSMRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Um excuse me good sir, you forgot (though I didn't read the entire thread) to mention your antenna upgrade :)

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Latest mod is a 9-Drive throttle controller, more of of curiosity than anything, just to see whether I could 'sweeten' the throttle sensitivity a bit.

Jury's still out. Turning it up three 'clicks' makes it too responsive, so I've been alternating between one and two clicks up from the default setting. Might also try the economy settings to see how that changes the sensitivity curve.

es

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Figured I'd roll up all my mod posts into one thread like I've done for other cars on other forums.

My '21 succeeded my former '15 2500 Tradesman 4x4 that I bought when we lived on a small farm prior to my retirement in early 2020. When used truck prices popped up so high, I decided it would be a good time to sell it and get into a 1500. My wife suggested a Quad Cab, otherwise I would have done another RC/LB.

View attachment 473132

The 2500 sold for $27,500 and I got a great deal ordering my new truck through Aaron at Mark Dodge. With incentives, I ended up with 18% off sticker. My order-to-delivery dates worked out really good, too, given this was in the middle of plant shutdowns and chip shortages:

Ordered: 6/24/2021
VIN populated: 6/28/2021
Build Sheet populated: 7/08/2021
Window Sticker populated: 7/17/2021
Shipped (after a ten-day delay waiting for a rail car): 7/31/2021
At Dealer: 8/13/2021
Took Delivery: 8/16/2021

I specced it out with: Quad Cab • 6'4" box • 3.6l V6 • Olive Pearl Metallic + Tradesman Black Package • 3.55 anti-spin rear axle • 32 gal fuel tank • Trailer Tow Group • Protection Group • All-terrain Tires • Electronics Group • Popular Equipment Group

First pic of my truck, sent by Aaron at Mark Dodge after it arrived:

View attachment 473127

And a few of my own pics after I drove 10 hours in a one-way rental to take delivery:

View attachment 473128

View attachment 473130

View attachment 473131

I did my first mod on the way home with about 50 miles on the truck, swapping out my wheels for OE DG55 Rebel replica wheels in 17x9+18:

View attachment 473133

Continued in the next post…

es
That regular cab was very awesome looking. Not that your new one isn't easy on the eyes.