There are some scummy dealers out there

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
DG023_039CLet20l8if8mfhu2r9sbj5gfs75m.jpg
Dodge
IMG_5535.jpg
JAMES GILBOYView James Gilboy's Articles
_JamesGilboy
jamesgilboy

Dodge owners have been in an uproar in recent days over a dealership's treatment of a Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170 customer. In short, it looks like the dealer sold the car out from under an active-duty servicemember while they were deployed, defamed him, and then lied to Dodge about what it had done. Don't worry, things end well, but the path to this happy ending is a shining example of why car dealers are so widely distrusted.
The story begins at Mac Haik Dodge in Flowood, Mississippi. Previously, we have covered the Mac Haik dealer network for its price-gouging on limited-run performance cars like the Chevy Corvette Z06. With the Dodge Challenger exiting production, and the 1,025-horsepower SRT Demon 170 sending it off, Mac Haik evidently expected a payday from the strictly limited-edition Challenger.

As outlined in videos from drama YouTuber "Butter Da Insider" and a story from StellPower, Mac Haik in Flowood took an order for a Demon 170 in F8 Green from an unnamed servicemember at a $50,000 markup. One video includes a photo of a Monroney sticker with a blurred-out name, alleged to belong to the servicemember who ordered the car. Their Challenger was scheduled to be delivered while they were overseas, so they reportedly arranged to have it picked up by family members this month.
At some point though, this same Mac Haik franchise allegedly promised another Demon 170 customer a car in Triple Nickel. But that car had allegedly been sold to someone else already, so when this customer showed up after driving eight hours to see the car, the dealer offered them the pending-delivery F8 Green car for more than what the servicemember agreed to pay. A deal was struck, and the happy new owner went to Facebook to share their excitement for their new purchase. However, the servicemember who originally ordered the car was in the group where this boast was shared, and the two quickly figured out what had happened.

When this story spread, it appears Mac Haik employees tried to do some damage control—poorly. Screenshots allegedly taken in the private Facebook group where much of this unfolded show William LaGrange, the general manager of a Mac Haik Chrysler franchise in Texas, denying many of these allegations. He claimed no such car was ever ordered in the servicemember's name (even though a Monroney suggesting such has been shared online), and accused the F8 Green's intended original recipient of lying about being in the military. The YouTuber who shared images of LaGrange's comments says Mac Haik employees told them that they've been instructed to let this all blow over.
But at some point, the news made its way to Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis, whom StellPower reports reached out to both parties for their versions of the story. The dealer reportedly claimed to have smoothed everything over, but the servicemember contested this, reportedly saying they were not offered an acceptable resolution.
DG023_050CL7k62evhak4bcel1i65sshq24j7.jpg
2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody in F8 Green with dual carbon stripes. Dodge
Unfortunately, this all went down after the Challenger had exited production; it wasn't possible to build a new car to replace the one that had been ordered. No cars across the nation's inventory matched the ordered spec, either. The customer who unknowingly bought the F8 Green car arranged to return it to Mac Haik, but with some miles now on it, it wasn't the car the servicemember paid for.
Still, this story has a happy ending. Dodge held on to 40 Demon 170s to reward its top dealers with, but it plucked one Pitch Black example from the batch. It'll be sent through Dodge's Jailbreak program, repainted F8 Green in factory quality, and built to match the original spec the servicemember ordered. This will all be done at no charge, and the car will be sold at MSRP. On top of that, Jay Leno will handle the delivery ceremony at his garage. All's well that ends well in the "brotherhood of muscle."
DC023_006DG.jpg
Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis delivers a Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170 to Jay Leno. Dodge
"Many other owners and the guy who purchased my original vehicle have reached out and offered their own solutions," the servicemember told StellPower. "I've had many people offer up their own cars to me for purchase. The guy who purchased mine even offered to spend more money to buy another one if I wanted to buy mine from him. The brotherhood is real."
"All those options were well received, and I was grateful for everyone’s willingness to help but it wasn't on them to fix. It should have been on the dealership to fix."

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Looks like this dealership got blasted enough they were forced to make things right,lol.

Yesterday at 7:03 PM
·

Mac Haik Flowood Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

The F8 Green Demon 170 is BACK at the dealership and NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE to anyone besides the original military service member who ordered the car.
It’s our understanding that Dodge and Jay Leno are going to do something pretty cool for the service member, and our hats are off to them. In the event that the original customer decides to take Dodge’s offer and decides to pass on the car, we will be wholesaling the F8 Green Demon 170 and all proceeds will be donated to a charity of the service member’s choosing.
The other Demon 170 customers who got wrapped up in this whole unfortunate situation have also been made whole and gotten their Demon 170’s at MSRP.
We’ve made some BIG mistakes that affected multiple people, good people that didn’t deserve to be in the middle of this. To the service member who came in months in advance to sit down and order the car, to the other good-hearted people who had the rug pulled out from under them. We apologize. No amount of “I’m sorry’s” can un-do what’s already been done, we know that, but rest assured it will never happen again.
None of the employees involved in the situation represent our core company values, and that’s why they are no longer with us. The GM, Sales Manager, and Salesperson involved were all terminated after the truth came to light. From the CEO of Mac Haik all the way down through the company we believe in taking care of our customers at the highest level, and the NEW GM and team is 100% committed to doing so.
We are also grateful for the YouTubers and social media influencers who helped bring this story to our attention in the first place. Thank you to “Butter Da Great” for breaking the story and calling on Dodge to make it right, and thank you to “TK” for making sure we followed through on all of our promises! Without you, this may have been swept under the rug, and the dishonest people in their positions of power would’ve been left there to do it again.
This has been a very eye-opening experience for us as a company, sometimes you need to take a step back and reevaluate and that’s what we’ve done. Our focus and goal is to identify the problems, right the wrongs, and put processes and procedures in place so that they don’t happen again.
nc_ohc=JkgWJUkflDwAX9j-a2W&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc8-1.jpg

nc_ohc=4uNgceUKwjQAX-GgInh&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc8-1.jpg

All reactions:

5 comments
158 shares

Mac Haik Flowood Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram limited who can comment on this post.

Most relevant

Most relevant is selected, so some comments may have been filtered out.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
This is the same outfit who got raked over the coals awhile ago with their outragious mark-up on a new Vette.They own several Chrysler and GM dealerships.They got blasted on social media just about as bad on the vette issue as they did on this issue.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i heard that Dodge was no longer going to make the Charger after 2023 or 2024.

true?

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
i heard that Dodge was no longer going to make the Charger after 2023 or 2024.

true?

No. Fleet sales already have a date the ordering window will open. ICE (6 cylinder only, no V8 offered) and EV power trains available.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Looks like this dealership got blasted enough they were forced to make things right,lol.

Yesterday at 7:03 PM ·

Mac Haik Flowood Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

The F8 Green Demon 170 is BACK at the dealership and NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE to anyone besides the original military service member who ordered the car.
It’s our understanding that Dodge and Jay Leno are going to do something pretty cool for the service member, and our hats are off to them. In the event that the original customer decides to take Dodge’s offer and decides to pass on the car, we will be wholesaling the F8 Green Demon 170 and all proceeds will be donated to a charity of the service member’s choosing.
The other Demon 170 customers who got wrapped up in this whole unfortunate situation have also been made whole and gotten their Demon 170’s at MSRP.
We’ve made some BIG mistakes that affected multiple people, good people that didn’t deserve to be in the middle of this. To the service member who came in months in advance to sit down and order the car, to the other good-hearted people who had the rug pulled out from under them. We apologize. No amount of “I’m sorry’s” can un-do what’s already been done, we know that, but rest assured it will never happen again.
None of the employees involved in the situation represent our core company values, and that’s why they are no longer with us. The GM, Sales Manager, and Salesperson involved were all terminated after the truth came to light. From the CEO of Mac Haik all the way down through the company we believe in taking care of our customers at the highest level, and the NEW GM and team is 100% committed to doing so.
We are also grateful for the YouTubers and social media influencers who helped bring this story to our attention in the first place. Thank you to “Butter Da Great” for breaking the story and calling on Dodge to make it right, and thank you to “TK” for making sure we followed through on all of our promises! Without you, this may have been swept under the rug, and the dishonest people in their positions of power would’ve been left there to do it again.
This has been a very eye-opening experience for us as a company, sometimes you need to take a step back and reevaluate and that’s what we’ve done. Our focus and goal is to identify the problems, right the wrongs, and put processes and procedures in place so that they don’t happen again.
View attachment 534861

View attachment 534862

All reactions:

5 comments
158 shares

Mac Haik Flowood Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram limited who can comment on this post.

Most relevant

Most relevant is selected, so some comments may have been filtered out.
Interesting thing is, there are literally thousands of complaints about the dealerships these guys own for similar types of behaviour. At some point the manufacturers need to step in and shut these guys down, and put in new ownership that respects customers. Corruption starts at the top, always.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

I'm not won over by a random blogger creating content for a parking app. An app I use occasionally, mind you, but not where I'd go for a credible source.

Dodge themselves says there will a 2025, our Fleet rep gave as an order bank opening date for late 2024. Easy to find photos online from suppliers, to include a floor pan with a transmission tunnel confirming ICE availability.

Note print at bottom of page in recent ad. "Available late 2024". Note I've put out the info on fleet sales opening date on this forum before, and before this ad released.

Last edited: