There is something about a nice rear end...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's a first time for everything, plus there's luckily lots of tutorials on Youtube if you want to edumacate yourself first but it's definitely the way to go if you want something that doesn't look like it was cobbled together. Downside to a fiberglass piece is they are more fragile compared to the urethane one.

As for the worth-it, that can only be answered by you, as you know, I'm all about doing things my way and making a few one of a kind pieces isn't something I'm ever afraid of doing because it's worth it to me.

Well, if I was looking for encouragement to "try new things", I did NOT get it by working with that carbon fiber vinyl last night, lol... I tried to apply it to my VaraRam filter cover and uuuhhh, let's just say I won't even post the pics of the first 3 attempts!!! :roflsquared:

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'll thread jump all the time, but what is with the 4x4 going up the dirt pile? We can all climb that dirt mound at the end of a lowe's parking lot where they are doing some construction.

Oh **** I think I just had one of my "friend's" moments.

LOL!!!

Edited so I don't get into trouble.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll thread jump all the time, but what is with the 4x4 going up the dirt pile? We can all climb that dirt mound at the end of a lowe's parking lot where they are doing some construction.

Oh **** I think I just had a LHEMI moment.

LOL!!!

:hmm: :shakehead:

RedNBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7l

Definitely not out in the wilderness anywhere... theres not a bit of dirt on the truck, looks like it just came out of the carwash!

Reactions: PX8

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

LOL!!!

I can't...

Reactions: PX8

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

LOL!!!

Oh no you didnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyways for a one off david fiberglass is the way to go. Now what do you have to lose a little time and sulpting foam, i'd play with that all day. Who cares if its screwed up a little bit thats the great thing about making custom parts is you say you made that.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyways for a one off david fiberglass is the way to go. Now what do you have to lose a little time and sulpting foam, i'd play with that all day. Who cares if its screwed up a little bit thats the great thing about making custom parts is you say you made that.

I agree. It might be a fun new experience working with fg and if I am REALLY lucky it will actually turn out nice and go on my truck, lol! :superhack:

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right or have a really great piece of wall art lol

Haha! If it doesn't work out, I'll have a nice mangled hunk of plastic smeered with fiberglass to hang in my garage, to constantly remind of how bad I suck at fabricating custom rollpans!!! :roflsquared:

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually, if get to a point where I don't think I can make the centered exhaust happen, I can go with the regular exhaust locations. And it has go to a body shop for paint anyways, so if messed something up they can fit it. :)

Last edited:

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How does the street scene roll pan mount up? Just ordered one. Hoping I can do the install myself.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Screws in at the top under the tail gate, doublesided tape along the perimeter in the box cutout and a couple of screws in the bottom to hold it in place.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How does the street scene roll pan mount up? Just ordered one. Hoping I can do the install myself.

Cool bro! Can you make a thread about how you get it done? Or post on this thread if you want.

I have not had time to start working on mine yet, maybe you can do a little more R&D for us... ;)

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics