There is something about a nice rear end...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
dremel%C2%AE-4200-10695.jpg

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dude! will fiberglass work on uethane? If so, you're set. DIY, babeeeee. Just have a local exhaust shop make you up something for the middle exhaust. You have two tail pipes so that crunchy crunchy bend in the exhaust tbg won't hurt your performance since it isn't one pipe ya know. Piece of cake!!!!! Just Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all waiting!!!!

I think I can I think I can I think I can... :)

I have a Dremel, the cutting is the easy part. It is the filling that is so hard!!!

Do they make a bumper without the license plate holder?

No. I wish they did. :(

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What would you be filling in?

That bumper not for a RAM?

Above the tips and around the tips. Take a close look at the pics.

Attachments

• StreetScene Urethane Rollpan.JPG
    StreetScene Urethane Rollpan.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Rollpan BEST.jpg
    Rollpan BEST.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 21

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
This is a serious statement I am about to make. Not a joke. Were does Chip Foose live? Southern California I bet.........Ok so it wasn't REALLY a serious statement. But seriously there has GOT to be a shop in your area (Obama loving area, that is...) that could do this for you relatively cheap, or at least affordably? What it would cost you for their labor probably wouldn't be that much I wouldn't think. Then you could just bolt it on and have the exhaust done after that. Just an East Texan's thought. We aren't real bright here, ya know. I really do like the duct tape idea, too. Then Flex Seal or Plastidip it......

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
David, I didn't read all 11 pages here, but looking at your pic above, I don't think you would be able to drop your tailgate without hitting the license plate. I think it would be tough to follow the body lines of that rollpan and still fit your plate over the tips. I love the concept, but would hate for you to do all that work only to find that it does not allow you to open the tailgate.

I almost like it better with the tips spread apart, and that would be much easier for you to accomplish. The centered exhaust would stand out a bit more though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a serious statement I am about to make. Not a joke. Were does Chip Foose live? Southern California I bet.........Ok so it wasn't REALLY a serious statement. But seriously there has GOT to be a shop in your area (Obama loving area, that is...) that could do this for you relatively cheap, or at least affordably? What it would cost you for their labor probably wouldn't be that much I wouldn't think. Then you could just bolt it on and have the exhaust done after that. Just an East Texan's thought. We aren't real bright here, ya know. I really do like the duct tape idea, too. Then Flex Seal or Plastidip it......

I always enjoy and appreciate your posts bro! :favorites13:

First, @#$&% Obama! Lmao!
I have been calling around for a shop, but in an area where there are 16 million people, apparently 15.9 million of them are ******* clueless, and the other .1 are idots. :roflsquared:

Honestly, I am not worried about the price so much, I just want a nice clean job... And once it's done I would have it color matched by a body shop.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
What if he was to sink the plate in deeper towards the very back of the bed under the tailgate, Matt? Do you think that would fit, then? It would be right up against the part that the spare tire tool hole is in ya know? That way when the tailgate is opened the plate could actually be partially behind the bottom of the tailgate at that time (when it is opened only)

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
David, I didn't read all 11 pages here, but looking at your pic above, I don't think you would be able to drop your tailgate without hitting the license plate. I think it would be tough to follow the body lines of that rollpan and still fit your plate over the tips. I love the concept, but would hate for you to do all that work only to find that it does not allow you to open the tailgate.

I almost like it better with the tips spread apart, and that would be much easier for you to accomplish. The centered exhaust would stand out a bit more though.

Thanks Matt.

The centered exhaust is the part that is really custom and one-of-a-kind, but also the part that is making this mod almost impossible for a doofus like me... ;) I am almost ready to give up and just leave the tips spread.

FYI guys, I am a designer, that is what I do for a living and have done for 18 years. But I design high end furniture and residential and commercial interiors, NOT truck parts... lmao!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What if he was to sink the plate in deeper towards the very back of the bed under the tailgate, Matt? Do you think that would fit, then? It would be right up against the part that the spare tire tool hole is in ya know? That way when the tailgate is opened the plate could actually be partially behind the bottom of the tailgate at that time (when it is opened only)

^^^ Exactly! This has been part of the plan to make it fit.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
"I'm a designer!!!". Snob! I am oilfield trash (consultant).......stop rubbing in your high end edumacation, David. It hurts. It really hurts..........I'm leaving now.....snob! I'm just playing, David.

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
FYI guys, I am a designer, that is what I do for a living and have done for 18 years. But I design high end furniture and residential and commercial interiors, NOT truck parts... lmao!!!

So, what your saying is. YOUR REALLY A WOMAN??? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I'm an aerospace structural engineer (yes, it IS rocket science)... and I'm now an emergency response consultant in the oil patch, where we start isn't always where we end up, lol.

Now, Dave, the easiest way to do this is to shape how you want the bottom to look out of foam, make the cuts you want to out of the top, then make a fiberglass mould of the negative. This will allow you to build a 1 piece part out of fiberglass with a gelcoat so painting it will be easy. You can even fiberglass some metal reinforcement into the structure to prevent movement as well as create a hanger for the rear exhaust.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"I'm a designer!!!". Snob! I am oilfield trash (consultant).......stop rubbing in your high end edumacation, David. It hurts. It really hurts..........I'm leaving now.....snob! I'm just playing, David.

So, what your saying is. YOUR REALLY A WOMAN??? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

What I am saying is that I kinda, sorta have credentials when it comes to designing... but I am also saying, for a guy who loves me some women... I HAVE THE GAYEST ******* JOB IN THE WORLD!!! *****!!!

:roflsquared::crazy::3639243774_5f528137:supergay::biggun::Violin::suicide:

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm an aerospace structural engineer (yes, it IS rocket science)... and I'm now an emergency response consultant in the oil patch, where we start isn't always where we end up, lol.

Now, Dave, the easiest way to do this is to shape how you want the bottom to look out of foam, make the cuts you want to out of the top, then make a fiberglass mould of the negative. This will allow you to build a 1 piece part out of fiberglass with a gelcoat so painting it will be easy. You can even fiberglass some metal reinforcement into the structure to prevent movement as well as create a hanger for the rear exhaust.

Using the foam mold then fiberglass is really great advise, thanks! Even though I have never done anything with fiberglass, I think that is the best way to go about it...

That being said, do you think it is worth the effort for the unique, one-of-a-kind rear it will give my truck, or is it kinda silly and might turn out looking like ****???

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's the risk you take with **** like this, it could come out great, tacky, or looking like ****.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Using the foam mold then fiberglass is really great advise, thanks! Even though I have never done anything with fiberglass, I think that is the best way to go about it...

That being said, do you think it is worth the effort for the unique, one-of-a-kind rear it will give my truck, or is it kinda silly and might turn out looking like ****???

There's a first time for everything, plus there's luckily lots of tutorials on Youtube if you want to edumacate yourself first but it's definitely the way to go if you want something that doesn't look like it was cobbled together. Downside to a fiberglass piece is they are more fragile compared to the urethane one.

As for the worth-it, that can only be answered by you, as you know, I'm all about doing things my way and making a few one of a kind pieces isn't something I'm ever afraid of doing because it's worth it to me.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408683382.490652.jpg

Dat ass!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
^^I see somebody didn't bother reading anything in this thread before posting, lol.