Thinking of getting a new 2019 1500, which trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U

Ute4Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I decided to get a Laramie, with the 12 inch screen and sport package. I really found what i liked, and I would say I got a pretty good deal. Thanks for all your guy's advice

Jay Carr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m just torn between getting Air Suspension or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unless you have a bad back or something, I really don't see the point in getting it. IF you keep it long enough for that part to fail, that's going to be one more expensive fix down the road.

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I decided to get a Laramie, with the 12 inch screen and sport package. I really found what i liked, and I would say I got a pretty good deal. Thanks for all your guy's advice

What's the deal you got?

Thanks

OP
OP
U

Ute4Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What's the deal you got?

Thanks
$11.5k off MSRP and basically didn't lose any money on my trade in from the price i bought it 20 months ago (got to drive it for the cost of gas and insurance for 20 months)

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I just traded a 2017 gmc SLT 4x4 ccsb 5.3 for the 2019 similar equipped Laramie I have now. the gmc rode plenty fine and was much quieter but my new laramie feels more responsive when turning, has great brakes, rear a/c, and a little more visability out the front. the headrests on the rear seats block my vision and when looking to the right there is a nice blind spot for me around the side pillar/passenger seat headrest area but the seats are comfortable and the hemi will get up and go.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just traded a 2017 gmc SLT 4x4 ccsb 5.3 for the 2019 similar equipped Laramie I have now. the gmc rode plenty fine and was much quieter but my new laramie feels more responsive when turning, has great brakes, rear a/c, and a little more visability out the front. the headrests on the rear seats block my vision and when looking to the right there is a nice blind spot for me around the side pillar/passenger seat headrest area but the seats are comfortable and the hemi will get up and go.

There is no way the GMC is quieter than the Ram. The Ram was voted top 10 quietest vehicles in the world. That includes top ends cars such as S500s, Bentleys, and RRs.

Also the the rear headrests drop down.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I am pretty picky and I hear more engine and road noise in my new Ram...I am not saying it is not quiet, just that my sierra was quieter...I figure the Falken all terrains may be a little noisy. glad to know I can fold down those headrests. I was thinking about taking them off if possible because I hardly ever have anybody in the back seats..

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I really love the 2019's but now am trying to figure out which trim to get.

I go back and forth between the 12 inch screen, and the air suspension. And I go back and forth if I want a rebel or like a laramie or even limited. I would rather not spend the money on the limited but I just don't know.

Does anyone have real world experience with the 12 inch Uconnect? Also can anyone help me understand the benefits of the Rebel. I don't do much off-roading and if i did we would probably drive my wife's JL.

I would really just love some insight from people that have the 12 inch and those that have the limited and those that were on the fence of getting a Rebel or not.

I'm sorry, I don't get it. These are the types of questions one needs to ask for themselves, and what trim level suits them, not ask on a forum. Boggles my mind.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered mine just the way I wanted. I have had no issues with 12" display at all and even if I did, I wouldn't get too concerned. Updates and patches are always released for almost every piece of technology we use on a daily basis....that uses cell/wifi/etc. I haven't traded in my smartphones for flip phones because of waiting on bug/patch releases

I also built mine without air suspension. This is my first Ram and I'm amazed at how the coils feel. To me, the coils are 10x better (in comfort) than any other truck I test rode, including the Sierra I traded. "TO ME" the air suspension is not even 2x better (in comfort) than the coils. I had one of each for a full day before I ordered mine. If I towed more, I may have considered them. I do see where the air suspension can be beneficial to those who 'work' their trucks more than I do. My truck is meant to just be pretty and tow my enclosed from time to time :) Having said that ...........air suspension guys love theirs, so you have to determine your own needs.

Finally ........I've read of some air suspension issues just as much as I've read about 12" uconnect issues. So, for me, I don't buy the .........don't get 12" cuz of issues. At least those can be fixed with over the air updates. Just my opinion!

Happy shopping.........edit: OH, I see that you bought one!! congrats!!

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am pretty picky and I hear more engine and road noise in my new Ram...I am not saying it is not quiet, just that my sierra was quieter...I figure the Falken all terrains may be a little noisy. glad to know I can fold down those headrests. I was thinking about taking them off if possible because I hardly ever have anybody in the back seats..

Maybe its your tires. I've been diehard GMC since 2006; traded a 2016 Sierra for this 19. My Ram is way quieter. However, I had Nitto Terra Grapplers on the GMC, and it was no longer quiet............guess this shows that the tires could actually be the culprit.

But this Rab cabin is extremely quiet to me

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
mine was pretty quite except for some rumble from the motor at low speeds and the drone at 65-70 on the highway but last weekend I disconnected the ANC mics and so far I think that the radio sounds crisper and I dont hear any weird sound when cruising down the highway. I still hear some road noise but have decided that it is from the aggressive tread on those tires. all in all I am happy.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
I'm sorry, I don't get it. These are the types of questions one needs to ask for themselves, and what trim level suits them, not ask on a forum. Boggles my mind.

gathering additional thoughts from others who have different trims is very valuable with having to drive every trim of truck available. Imagining what it could be vs. what one has experience is very different and just imo.:)

R

Rogues Gambit

Can't go wrong with any of them, but I personally got a Rebel tonight.

Figure I want something iconic, the interior speaks for itself, and while the other trims come w/in 90% with the ORP, why not get the actual off-roader itself?

Just need to get acclimated to it, not use to driving trucks after having cars this whole time

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
gathering additional thoughts from others who have different trims is very valuable with having to drive every trim of truck available. Imagining what it could be vs. what one has experience is very different and just imo.:)

Nope, still comes down to a matter of choice. what one person likes, I may not, regardless of different trim levels or whatever.

sman301

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Depends. if you want a clean sporty look sport trim if you are in canada or big horn with the sport pack
If you like chrome big horn and if you want some more goodies go Laramie. Laramie also have the sport pack

Theo2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Skip the 12in screen (freeze issue) and the panoramic sunroof (leak issue).

I hear the air suspension is great ride-wise and leveling while towing, but I wanted to be able to upgrade to King / Fox coil-overs later and air suspension isn't so great in cold weather.

19Jake

♕ REBEL LIFE ♕
Reaction score
Ram Year
'19 Rebel 12 HK
Engine
Rebel 12 was a must have
12" HK is incredible
IMG_2591.JPG IMG_2609.JPG IMG_2606.JPG
IMG_2664.JPG
IMG_2561.JPG

Last edited:

Lando

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was in your shoes between the Laramie sport or the rebel. Finally came in last week and couldn’t be anyhappier with the Laramie sport. I got the 12” screen and air suspension. I think they were well worth the extra money.