this is the muffler for hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alweeja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have 40’s 0n my modded Stingray....wicked growl. The Borla exhaust is my choice for my Hemi.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How does it sound compared to the Carven Competitor?

Carven and magnaflow sound like cheap glasspacks on hemi’s. I have had both. Nothing but rasp, and the Carven is the worst for rasp.
I’m seitching to single chamber flowmasters. Best muffler for a hemi.
Clean sound, zero rasp, and doesn’t pop and crackle on down rev which is caused by the fiberglass packs carven and magnaflow use.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Carven and magnaflow sound like cheap glasspacks on hemi’s. I have had both. Nothing but rasp, and the Carven is the worst for rasp.
Clean sound, zero rasp, and doesn’t pop and crackle on down rev which is caused by the fiberglass packs carven and magnaflow use.

What ya think about borla?

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I've had 2 different magnaflow mufflers on my truck and neither sounded like a glasspack or had any rasp. They have a deep mellow sound to them. I've had flowmaster as well and liked it to, but definitely a different sound. I like them both. No rasp on any of the mufflers I've used. I have my resonators on still though.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I always liked the cherry bomb extreme muffler (not the typical cherry bomb/glasspack sound), around $50 to buy one and around $100 to have the old removed and the new installed. Sounds great, I don't like rasp or popping and like a good clean come down for rpm drop and this muffler satisfied all my wants, and couldn't beat the price.

Don't really recall seeing others on here run that muffler but I did on both my 11 and 13. Definitely a louder sound though, it's a small muffler so it'll be loud.

Last edited:

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
A hundred dollars shipping ? There's gold in them there mufflers lmao ! Seriously I would have looked around on the internet I think you could have gotten a better deal BUT that said all that matters is that your happy with your muffler so enjoy it .

HM_SanDiego

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Hydro/Laser Blue CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked it up - pretty sure the Original post and price with $100 shipping is from an eBay listing......I have seen that type of sale tactic on eBay for years - it looks like $199.97 for the muffler, then $95.01 for shipping plus tax, compared with $399.95 from the big retailers out there - a guy is still $100.00 ahead buying on eBay......and yes, it is a tactic so the seller doesn’t pay as much commission to eBay on the sale, but makes their margin on the sale......we could argue all day about the legitimacy, but I have to believe that eBay is well aware of the tactic - I have seen it on too many listings......it is what it is.....

interestingly enough - some quick searching and I found this - seems to be the same flow master for $89.00 and 4.95 shipping ? I cannot confirm or deny the validity of the website, but it seems ok.....looks like you can checkout as a guest and use PayPal to buy -

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai...ahUKEwj3j4_RxZLnAhUCTawKHT90C3kQpysIKA&adurl=

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Seems like a good option, stainless steel too. Wonder how it compares to magna-flo version.
Thanks for posting that

you can’t compare the 2. The Flowmaster is 409SS, Flowmaster doesn’t make any true 304SS mufflers anywhere in there line up last time I checked. So this Flowmaster will rust out in <5 years if your in the rust belt. They are also the worst flowing or any chambered/baffled mufflers are the worst flowing. People do it for sound and if they like it then that’s all that matters. But $300 for a 409SS muffler is ALOT!

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
A hundred dollars shipping ? There's gold in them there mufflers lmao ! Seriously I would have looked around on the internet I think you could have gotten a better deal BUT that said all that matters is that your happy with your muffler so enjoy it .
They aren’t paying that much for shipping. Companies do that to make there products look cheaper, they are just rolling the difference into the shipping costs and making it up that way. All that matters is the total cost which is what you compare to. It’s just a marketing technique and I know bc I’m in marketing lol.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Jokes on us then. I just shipped an intake to a member here. Originally charged $32 fed ex. After it was shipped they just emailed me, they're charging me $92. **** me. I wouldnt of shipped it if that was going to be the cost.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

damn u got hosed. I just shipped 2 huge lower control arms bigger than an intake and weighed like 45lbs for like $30 via USPS. My experience is that UPS is most $$, then Fedex and then USPS. Always grab the flat rate USPS boxes bc if you can fit the item it’s the cheapest you will ever get.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think yall are missing the point. They charge $100 for shipping because eBay will take less from the seller. The seller pockets the remaining cash from shipping and did not have to pay as much as he would have to eBay
The real reason IMO is to make returns virtually impossible.

Ebay requires reimbursement for the product, not shipping, so you are out not only the return shipping at your expense (as is normal), but an additional $100 cost of shipping it to you,, making returns prohibitively expensive.

I'd never buy anything online with a high shipping charge or high restocking fee, too much risk.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Google “chokemaster mufflers” I’m not kidding. And that’s just one of the names that Crapmasters are known for. It seems some still like their sound but from there as the muffler for the Hemi? Well maybe for yours..... Their straight trough mufflers are ok.

Last edited: