Those who have muffler delete...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those who run a muffler delete on their 5.7 ram which kit did you use? What’s the difference between Solo’s kit and Mufflex, other than price.

How loud is the delete from in the cab while driving? Drone issues?

I only ask as this a DD and have wife/young kids who ride along frequently. My current Carven progressive is great sounding but I heard a muffler delete recently in person and sounded great. With my Carven my kids can fall asleep on long rides still and I can talk on handfree and not have issues with people hearing me.

Thanks for any feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wutech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well if you need to offload the Carven let me know.

sstumpf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I bought my 2014 the previous owner had a muffler delete on it. It sounded great, but was just too loud for me. Cruising interstate speeds it would just constantly drone. I had a borla pro xs installed 2 days later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
How long have you had the Carven ?

I know mine is way louder then when it was new and for me I am thinking I might switch it out if it keeps getting louder.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I know mine is way louder then when it was new and for me I am thinking I might switch it out if it keeps getting louder.
I had a carven progressive as well. Swapped it out. Had 25,000 miles on it and it was definitely a lot louder than when I put it on... wasn’t ridiculously loud but I wanted quieter and less drone and raspiness for cruising. Went with a borla s type catback. It’s a lot quieter now and no drone or rasp whatsoever. Best bet is drop the muffler off and start the truck. See how you like it. Won’t be much quieter with tailpipes on it. All in all the borla has an awesome cruising sound and sounds aggressive while getting on the throttle but has a mildly aggressive idle compared to the carven. For me the carven was awesome cruising and really aggressive while on the throttle with a nice aggressive idle. I know all opinions are based on each person though.

OP
OP
bfill_rebel

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Had it on for about a year (approx 13,000 miles)

512RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this legal in Commiefornia? Always have to check because apparently we have 9435903603 laws about everything.
When is any muffler delete legal in California besides motorcycles?

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
When is any muffler delete legal in California besides motorcycles?

Before 2019 it wasn't an issue, but i guess there is some new legislation that changes that. Sigh....

CHP was actually alot tougher on motorcycles or this as well..

OP
OP
bfill_rebel

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most of our customers say they dont experience drone with the Solo muffler delete. Only when MDS kicks in but most people lock out the MDS. We have it listed here if interested.
https://gotexhaust.com/i-23647006-s...kit-for-2009-2018-ram-1500-with-5-7-hemi.html

Yea. That’s the way I’ll lean.

I got a s&b intake coming from a member here. I’ve heard that some find that changes the tons enough for them. If not I’ll be in touch for the solo delete for the 1500. Thanks

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea. That’s the way I’ll lean.

I got a s&b intake coming from a member here. I’ve heard that some find that changes the tons enough for them. If not I’ll be in touch for the solo delete for the 1500. Thanks

Sounds good, let us know!

Carolyn Russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I currently removed the exhaust system all together .. long story short, the garage fooled it up. I was thinking about just straight piping it. Will this make it a little more quiet and cut back the raspiness at all?

Tyler Yates

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Local exhaust shot will do it for $100. Dont have to buy any "muffler delete kits" which is just a y pipe. Most shops have those laying around.

cgreen107

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a muffler delete on my 17 Big Horn, but when towing the camper it was too loud for the wife. Now it's just taking up space in storage