Those who tow a TT - will gas prices influence your travels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorZeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We're up to 7 trips booked so far (MN state park system only allows booking 4 months out), we average around 12 trips per year. No change to plans really. Like some others, we generally stick around that <2 hour mark for camping, with 1 long trip mixed in.

Side note, @Loudram what kind of mount do you have your flagpole on? Still haven't found one that I like and have always just had ours coming off our awning.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
We just upgraded to a RAM 2500 6.4L Big Horn for the purpose of longer camping trips. We're going to "bite the bullet" on the gas prices and make some great memories! Currently planning an Idaho/Montana/Eastern Oregon trip.
You’ll like the way that 6.4 pulls on a long haul. We leave Florida in May and be at Glacier Natl Park June 18th. Truck is set to go but putting some new Goodyear Edurance tires on the 5W before leaving. Safe travels!

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Already got 3 outings (3 days each) booked for our shakedown 1st week of May (about 1300 miles total) , and planning a Blaine Washington to Michigan City Indiana (Mom) and then to Pueblo West Colorado. . . .before returning home via National Parks in Wyoming/Montana later in the summer. Actual mid summer still up in the air. We have averaged 9k+ hitch miles for the last 8 years.
It will move the bottom line, but not have any effects on travel!
We didn't buy a "Driveway Elephant"!
Pueblo West- Gods country. :)

airrecon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.4
We are still moving forward on another cross country trip. Florida to Mich UP then onto N Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, etc. Its going to cost a fortune at 9 mpg but I’m retired, 71 in great health but it’s not like tomorrow is promised. Last years 7,500 mile trip was too beautiful to not do it again. I’ll post my go fund me link soon
81 age, not going to change at all, jut like you

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Side note, @Loudram what kind of mount do you have your flagpole on? Still haven't found one that I like and have always just had ours coming off our awning.

It's homemade. I used some pressure treated wood I had lying around and a shelf bracket from Home Depot. I think this is the one I used in the attached link. A couple of conduit straps as well. My tongue jack sits on it. I recessed the bracket into the wood so the tongue jack sits on a flat surface. The pole is an old broken 4 section telescoping power washing handle that I got from a place I used to work at. They were going to throw it away and I got it and cut the ends off. I put a regular metal flag pole kit on it.

20220328_151836.jpg20220328_151843.jpg

Link for the bracket

Screenshot_20220328-154141_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I don't know where gas prices will be heading this summer but it is a safe bet to assume that they are not going down. Being retired and on a fixed income with retirement accounts experiencing double-digit percentage losses and inflation gouging on what is left of our disposable income, our travel plans have significantly changed.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
... That is why we are selling our house ASAP so we do not have a $1,700 mortgage while gone for a month. ...
You are selling your house because you will we away for a month?? What will you do when you get back, buy another house?

Daves Handy Hands

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8 Gas
You are selling your house because you will we away for a month?? What will you do when you get back, buy another house?

We will pay off our vehicles and be completely out of debt with the house profits. Then we will buy land with the leftover cash and also build a 40’ long pull-through carport for the TT with a 14’ wide lean-to smallish house off the carport, and start homesteading in addition to my handyman business. Our small church is letting us park (and reside in) the TT in the parking lot where I am adding full hookups to their building (just have the electric left to run this weekend). Once the purchased land has full hookups, we move to the land.

OP
OP
Z

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I don't know where gas prices will be heading this summer but it is a safe bet to assume that they are not going down. Being retired and on a fixed income with retirement accounts experiencing double-digit percentage losses and inflation gouging on what is left of our disposable income, our travel plans have significantly changed.
Crypto.com 8% on USDC

OP
OP
Z

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Not likely a major change due to gas prices...just because I've got a lot to do at home. Needing a new front porch and putting up a pole barn is going to take some time.

The memories made on vacation are worth more than any increase in fuel prices.
Unfortunately some memories fade. Then there are memories you don't want to remember.

"The good men do die with them. The evil they do lives on after their death."

Hemi adventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
We have a Wild West trip planned starting mid May with 19 reservations made for it already. We discussed canceling it last month but ultimately decided it will be a go. I turned 70 sunday and have had a couple of episodes with my heart and copd. I feel pretty good now but don't know how long that might last. It is a kinda if not now when? We scrimped and saved most of our life so that we could have some kind of nest egg in our senior years. So we are still planning on going.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
It's homemade. I used some pressure treated wood I had lying around and a shelf bracket from Home Depot. I think this is the one I used in the attached link. A couple of conduit straps as well. My tongue jack sits on it. I recessed the bracket into the wood so the tongue jack sits on a flat surface. The pole is an old broken 4 section telescoping power washing handle that I got from a place I used to work at. They were going to throw it away and I got it and cut the ends off. I put a regular metal flag pole kit on it.

View attachment 489771View attachment 489772

Link for the bracket

View attachment 489774

Here I just bought a collapsible fly fishing pole (about 20' long) and bungie cord it to my spare tire carrier on the back...And hang a wind sock from it.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
We need a “Camping 2022” thread with pics. Maybe whomever makes the first run can start it.
I already did earlier this year:

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Not RAM related but I happened to pull up to the pumps and across from me was a guy filling up his big F-250, trailer attached. Staring at the numbers spinning on the pump, he did not look happy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca