thought ram was slower than should be..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Thanks, T2 it is.

Do some research on people using the new one. It’s a really new product and diablo has a track record of being glitchy before. I’ve seen some posts in different forums with people complaining about them. You can normally find a used t1000 for around $300 that’s still in great condition. It’s worth some time of research before you dump $600 into it

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have the trinity t2 monitor, and it’s been nothing but trouble. I’ve been back and forth with tech support for 6 months now, several updates, and it’s still not working correctly.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Do some research on people using the new one. It’s a really new product and diablo has a track record of being glitchy before. I’ve seen some posts in different forums with people complaining about them. You can normally find a used t1000 for around $300 that’s still in great condition. It’s worth some time of research before you dump $600 into it

I Bleed Ram Trucks
This^^^^^^^^

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tuner first, then gears. You'll need the tuner to be able to adjust your speedometer for the gearing.

If you have the diff open doing gears might as well pull the trigger on LSD while you are at it. Most of the labor cost of installation is associated to disassembling and reassembling the rear end.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Tuner first, then gears. You'll need the tuner to be able to adjust your speedometer for the gearing.

If you have the diff open doing gears might as well pull the trigger on LSD while you are at it. Most of the labor cost of installation is associated to disassembling and reassembling the rear end.

I’m pretty sure that’s not needed for gears. I believe the speed sensor is after the gears but before the tires. That’s why it needs adjusted after changing tire size.

I Bleed Ram Trucks

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Right not needed on the Rams with a gear change just tire size change.

OP
OP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB 2WD 6sp
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I will buy something else to monitor with...saw one from a company called Edge that looks cool.

Last edited:

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Better save for gears and lsd

Just bought an unmarried trinity. Lol.

I will buy something else to monitor with...saw one from a company called Edge that looks cool.

You did buy a Trinity? They monitor, the T2 was just the newer version of it. I use the t-1000 and use the gauges all the time
e5f50c9fc9dde302e58fd0672cb281c4.jpg

I Bleed Ram Trucks

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Better save for gears and lsd

Just bought an unmarried trinity. Lol.

The Trinity does monitor. If you want to datalog real air/fuel. Get yourself an Innovate Motorsports LC-2 snd the plug in that goes to the trinity.....;)

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
You did buy a Trinity? They monitor, the T2 was just the newer version of it. I use the t-1000 and use the gauges all the time
e5f50c9fc9dde302e58fd0672cb281c4.jpg

I Bleed Ram Trucks
Which pillar pod is that? Did you have to space the trinity out a bit for it to fit?

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Which pillar pod is that? Did you have to space the trinity out a bit for it to fit?

I think it’s the auto meter pillar from from Moes. It’s a 3rd gen Ram, idk how different the newer ones are. I just bought the guague pod adapter for the trinity and it fit right in. The other gauge pods around it make it a tight fit but it still points in a good direction

I Bleed Ram Trucks

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
I think it’s the auto meter pillar from from Moes. It’s a 3rd gen Ram, idk how different the newer ones are. I just bought the guague pod adapter for the trinity and it fit right in. The other gauge pods around it make it a tight fit but it still points in a good direction

I Bleed Ram Trucks
Thanks. Yeah not sure how different the 3rd gen ones are. Thats cool it fits, my jeep i had to shim the trinity adapter out a bit for it to fit. Was trying to figure out if i could do that with the Ram.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
seems like you already have a handle on what to do next, but your videos of your pulls look identical to my old 12 express with 3.55s. give or take a marginal difference because i’m basically sea level.

stock 545 with 3.55 2wd reg cab just wasn’t all that fast. when I went to 22s that were a similar height to stock express wheels, it pulled almost identical to yours. just food for thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onemc4you

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the same truck and the sound of the engine does not match the rpm shown. At three thousand rpm your truck sounds like its at 2000. I have the 5.7 with 6 speed and it sounds smoother than yours. Less lope but revs quicker. Maybe tire size is reprogramed wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB 2WD 6sp
Engine
HEMI 5.7
A few times now it has failed to start on the first try, and then started up on the 2nd try. Also, today it started up roughly and sputtered out in a few seconds, and started up when I tried a second time. Could this be related to anything? Maybe a fuel pump? Not sure.

Last edited: