Throttle body gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rumpunt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all. Newbie here on the forum with a question. I recently changed the throttle body on my 04 Ram 5.7 after looking on some videos on YouTube. Everything went well but all the videos I saw show a round neoprene gasket. The one on mine was a flat fiber gasket and the replacement TB didn't have the groove for the neoprene gasket and no located pins So I just installed the new TB with the gasket that was there. Everything seems to be fine but was just curious why I have a flat gasket and everything else shows the round neoprene. Thanks so much!

OP
OP
R

rumpunt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think so. It's a Irontree brand. Supposed to be one of the best. But even the manifold side on the truck was smooth , no grove for a neoprene round gasket to fit into. And no locator pins. The one I took off looked exactly like the one I just installed. Would Ram possibly have changed after 2004? Puzzling.