Thuren 1.5in level shock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just installed the Thuren front springs and shocks and need to get some clarification if possible. The instructions say to only tighten the top pin nut on the shock 3/4 turn from the moment you touch the top plate if you have the hard material bushing. 2 turns if you have the soft material bushing. Not really sure which I have on a power wagon. Instructions aren’t real clear on that part. Right now I believe I have the soft material and need to tighten two turns. I can still turn my shocks by hand but according to the instructions you shouldn’t over tighten them. Can someone answer if it would be possible turn the entire shock housing by hand once installed?

Attachments

• 130720F7-F9DB-47C9-8F43-DB400A9C6A66.jpeg
    130720F7-F9DB-47C9-8F43-DB400A9C6A66.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 20

wobly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You probably have the soft bushings. Tighten them down.

zrock

Reaction score
i have never seen a soft bushing that is shinny.. Usually the poly or hard bushings are shinny since they are a harder material

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks for the replies guys. I have reached out to thuren on the type of bushing they include with the power wagon fox pintop shocks. Just waiting on a reply. I think i have it snugged down where it needs to be but want to make sure. So far it is night and day between the factory shocks and thuren set up. Next is the rear fox shocks which I already have but need to cut the old shock out before install.

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Got an email back from thuren. They say the power wagon fox shocks have the hard durometer bushings. Should be hard to spin body of shock by hand once tight. Hopefully that helps anyone with the same question in the future.