Time to Let er Go !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BOWERSFJ

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That why I switched over to a 5th Gen 1500 Quad Cab with 6.4 bed... Same wheelbase/length as my 4th gen CC 5.7 bed... Fits in the garage, and kids are grown/out of the house.

That extra 4" of length on the 5th gen CC 5.7 bed is too much for many garages and the CC 6.4 bed is even longer.

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

I may have to sit in the 5th Gen quad .... Might be enough room now .... CC 6.4’ could be a handful .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I may have to sit in the 5th Gen quad .... Might be enough room now .... CC 6.4’ could be a handful .....

Biggest issue I had with the crew to QC change was the lack of in floor bins in the back and no storage under the Back seat...

Picked up the following for under the rear seat..
DU-HA Underseat Organizer,19-21 Dodge Ram, #30104
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R2DZ28...abc_Q6ZCSQZJZD0GJCD2ME6R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

and swing case for the bed.... All good again

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know you'll be a 5th gen guy with the new truck ....but post some pics here when you get the one you want!!

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Woot another guy going to a 5th gen :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
As dumb as this may sound, have you checked to see if your new truck will fit in your garage? I have a 16 Sports with the short bed and was thinking of a 5th gen then found out they are a little longer than the 4th gen---just long enough that it wouldn't fit in my garage. Might not be a problem but thought I would mention it.
Jay

That is a really good point! When I bought my truck a few years back it was leveled with 35's. Length wasn't an issue, but I had to make sure that the truck would clear the overhead garage door...luckily it did by a very small amount. Personally, my vehicles need to be kept in the garage when not driven. My neighbor has a double garage but has so much junk in it that you can hardly walk through it, therefore his vehicles sit outside.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
She gone !!!! Sold last night .... I did some checkin .... 5th Gen CC 6.4’ is 242” tip to tail .... I got about 7’ to spare

Hence the difference between MY 19 CC Bighorn with 5'7" bed at 233 inches long VS longer bed, LOL. If I had the 6'4", I would be screwed. The only other place I can put truck is on far left, more room, but I put 150 bales of hay there, LOL.

hay1.jpg

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With the truck market being so bad, you should be able to get 16 for it. I love my 12. Like I have said before I loved it so much I bought it twice. Dang good running trucks. Not one issue thus far. When the time comes to get rid of mine, no questions asked it will be another Ram. I am sold on the quality ,power, and look of them. Good luck with your next truck!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As dumb as this may sound, have you checked to see if your new truck will fit in your garage? I have a 16 Sports with the short bed and was thinking of a 5th gen then found out they are a little longer than the 4th gen---just long enough that it wouldn't fit in my garage. Might not be a problem but thought I would mention it.
Jay

If its longer then my crew cab short bed truck then it wouldn't fit in my garage. If I dumped my work bench then yes. I can barely close my garage door with it in there.

OP
OP
BOWERSFJ

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If its longer then my crew cab short bed truck then it wouldn't fit in my garage. If I dumped my work bench then yes. I can barely close my garage door with it in there.

242”

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Bowers your truck has always been one of my favourites on the forum. Congrats on the pending 5th Gen.

And one of my favorites too !!! Yours as well joey .... not overly done but just enough to make them look aggressive, stylish and perform like a truck should in my opinion ....

@BOWERSFJ why not a 2500 ? ... If I ever get rid of my 1500 im going up to a 2500 for sure ....

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Its amazing. Put something up for sale and the nuts come out of the wood work. Years ago I put the family vehicle; a '95 Grand Cherokee up for sale; great condition but had 200K miles on it. Only asked $3000 for it. That was way less than it was really worth but I wanted to get it sold, and not have to deal with a bunch of tire kickers. This bozo shows up and starts waving around a *** of cash.
He said "Look! I'm talking $1500 cash money! Right now!"
I said "Hey, I'm talking $3000 cash or get your **** out of my yard!"
He slinked away and got into his busted looking Nissan with peeling purple window tint and no muffler and left.

Funny story. $16K seems like a good price for your 3rd Gen.