Tire pressure sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillinNM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Quadcab 4X2
Engine
Pentastar 6
For some reason, once the weather cools down a bit, the tire pressure gauge on my 2018 Ram starts flashing and simply will not "shut up," even after I air the tires past 40 PSI. At 41K miles, I am out of warranty, but suspect this would not be an inexpensive fix. Any advice?

rangemaster728

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
As temperatures drop, so does the air pressure in your tires.
Top them off then drive it a bit and the alarm should cease.

OR

If you have (or know someone nearby that has) a security bypass cable (since yours is a 2018), the MX+ OBD reader and AlfaOBD you can edit the alarm thresholds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BillinNM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Quadcab 4X2
Engine
Pentastar 6
Thanks RM. I had inflated to 40, but went back and gave them each another 4 pounds and the light went off.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sometimes you need to drive the vehicle a bit after filling above the recommended psi.
Sometimes it take driving over 50mph for a bit to bring the sensors to reality. lol

I had trouble with mine in the past month. 2 weeks ago, it was the passenger's side, last week it was the driver's side. :crazy: lol

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thanks RM. I had inflated to 40, but went back and gave them each another 4 pounds and the light went off.
Hi @BillinNM, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing concerns with this feature. If you are unable to resolve this based on the recommendations of your fellow forum members, feel free to send our team a private message for further assistance alongside a dealer appointment.

Kathryn
RamCares