Tire suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hey, all. Looking to buy a new set of tires later this summer. Current size is 265/75/16, I'm looking to swap on my 17" rims and go with 285/70/17.

Right now, I'm spinning Goodyear Duratracs and have been quite happy with their overall performance. All are still in good condition, and used truck tires are always in high demand around here, so I shouldn't have any difficulty selling them to help fund the new rubber.

I'm thinking of going with the Duratacs again, but have read some pretty rave reviews on Cooper STT Pro. While they seem to have better dirt/mud traction, they seem a bit weaker with snow traction, which is a very big concern for me.

Anyone got any input on the Pros, or anything else comparable? Good tires aren't cheap, but I'm plenty aware of that and have no problem shelling some coin in this area. Basically, I need both excellent off-road and winter traction. Alternatively, perhaps it might be better to just invest in a set of snow tires for the winter and run a full-on mud tire during the warmer season?