Tmps trick/bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I heard you can stick them all in the spare and air it up and the will all read the same proper pressure... anyone have any input? I dunno if this would work.. I imagine the sensors may have a hard time reading since they are so far away from the front. Let me know what u guys thing.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I heard you can stick them all in the spare and air it up and the will all read the same proper pressure... anyone have any input? I dunno if this would work.. I imagine the sensors may have a hard time reading since they are so far away from the front. Let me know what u guys thing.
Don't they attach to the stem?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It wouldn't be hard to drill some holes to mount them in there. But the tire need to be rolling for them to update or wake up. And they would all be in the same location. It wouldn't know which was which if it was able to pick them up.

Why would you want to do that anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the alarm gets old.." I don't like running 80 psi in the rear" I guess over time I'll just get used to the alarm.

snallygaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm pretty certain that you can recalibrate them, but not certain about the exact procedure on the Ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
No, you can't.

This!

Thanks to big brother(gubament regs) you can't. All attempts to change it have resulted in the alarm still going off.

As long as I stay 65 or above it doesn't go off, so I run 65(cold) on all 4 corners when I'm not towing.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put new rims and tires on the other day. Half way home the TPMS stopped working and the warning light came on. Cycled the ignition and warning light went off. Hasn't come back on and my evic just displays the -- sign next to my tires!! Meh works for me lol

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^ same as me, no lights on the dash, evic goes to tire pressure on my 7" LCD when I start the truck. Just toggle to a different mode, digital speedo as personal preference and I'm good to go.

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ same as me, no lights on the dash, evic goes to tire pressure on my 7" LCD when I start the truck. Just toggle to a different mode, digital speedo as personal preference and I'm good to go.

That is exactly what mine does. Doesn't matter what display is showing when I turn the truck off. When I get in and turn it on, the display is on the blank tire display lol

2robinhood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 3500 SRW crew cab
Engine
6.4l gas
This doesn't work, the sensors require rotation to wake up. In another thread I and another member posted instructions you have to hand a dealer to get them adjusted properly.

Would you please share it in this thread ?