Tool removal & install kit. A must for rear shocks on Rams.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I bought this kit for the rear shocks of my Ram. For $23 its a must have! One piece is to remove the top nut on rear shocks. The other piece you see "the L bracket" is to install the top bolt and easier to remove down the road. The "L" portion locks itself to tighten the bolt and reverse to loosen the bolt. No need to remove fender wheel well. Only thing I did was paint mine before install.
Can you use a snubby wrench? Yes. Will it fall and you have to fight putting it back on? Yes. Been there done that. Sadly after using this kit, I must say, Ram should have this on every truck. I think Ford already does it. I hope this helps someone. I am not the owner of the company nor a salemen. I only posted to help someone.
https://www.thurenfabrication.com/09-18-1500-shock-nut-set.html

Shock kit.jpg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They come super handy. It takes me 10 min to switch rear shocks. those things make the job a breeze.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah those things are 100% worth the price even if you're planning to do the shock install once and never touch them again. You could even make another ram owner's day if you hand them the spare 3rd tool or stick it on ebay for 5 bucks.

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the cut wrench deal before I found out about these. Would definitely made the purchase.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I just bought a stubby 21mm wrench off amazon. One more tool in the box that isn't for one specific purpose.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just bought a stubby 21mm wrench off amazon. One more tool in the box that isn't for one specific purpose.

Yeah those things are 100% worth the price even if you're planning to do the shock install once and never touch them again. You could even make another ram owner's day if you hand them the spare 3rd tool or stick it on ebay for 5 bucks.

I agree. I got tired of the wrench falling and having to put back on. Like others said, well worth it.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree these are great and worth every penny

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought this kit for the rear shocks of my Ram. For $23 its a must have! One piece is to remove the top nut on rear shocks. The other piece you see "the L bracket" is to install the top bolt and easier to remove down the road. The "L" portion locks itself to tighten the bolt and reverse to loosen the bolt. No need to remove fender wheel well. Only thing I did was paint mine before install.
Can you use a snubby wrench? Yes. Will it fall and you have to fight putting it back on? Yes. Been there done that. Sadly after using this kit, I must say, Ram should have this on every truck. I think Ford already does it. I hope this helps someone. I am not the owner of the company nor a salemen. I only posted to help someone.
https://www.thurenfabrication.com/09-18-1500-shock-nut-set.html

View attachment 227510

Mother f@cker! My zone lift came with those but I had no idea wtf they were (extra parts?) ... I used a lil over 2' of extensions, tore my hands apart in the process and it took me over 20 mins to get that f@cking nut out

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Mother f@cker! My zone lift came with those but I had no idea wtf they were (extra parts?) ... I used a lil over 2' of extensions, tore my hands apart in the process and it took me over 20 mins to get that f@cking nut out

Don't throw them away. If you change them out again, you will have them to install.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I got my BDS 6" coil-over kit in but haven't pulled out all of the bolt/nut bags so I may have these in mine as well. I think the panhard bar has something similar but am not sure about the shock mount. But, this now gives me something to look for as we should be doing the intall this weekend.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Ahhhhh that’s beat. How bad was the fight?

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my BDS 6" coil-over kit in but haven't pulled out all of the bolt/nut bags so I may have these in mine as well. I think the panhard bar has something similar but am not sure about the shock mount. But, this now gives me something to look for as we should be doing the intall this weekend.

Good luck! The instructions suck!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you guys get stuck, or have a part like those shock nut tabs your not sure of during install, take a short break and post up here, we'll help answer.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you guys get stuck, or have a part like those shock nut tabs your not sure of during install, take a short break and post up here, we'll help answer.

@JB1 - always appreciate the willingness to help. I am going to have a question about the rear upper control arm relocation brackets. But, need to go back to the instructions to figure out how to ask the question. The locations for where exactly to drill the new holes isn't very user friendly. But, I feel like that will be obvious when I place the relocation bracket over the stock one? I'll come back later and may post photos as well.

Reactions: JB1

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@JB1 - always appreciate the willingness to help. I am going to have a question about the rear upper control arm relocation brackets. But, need to go back to the instructions to figure out how to ask the question. The locations for where exactly to drill the new holes isn't very user friendly. But, I feel like that will be obvious when I place the relocation bracket over the stock one? I'll come back later and may post photos as well.
Drilling is the easy part it is just overlay and mark don’t over think it. I recommend using locktite on the bolts for those brackets (adds piece of mind) what rear spring option did you go with?

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drilling is the easy part it is just overlay and mark don’t over think it. I recommend using locktite on the bolts for those brackets (adds piece of mind) what rear spring option did you go with?

Put the bolt and sleeve in first, it'll line up the new bracket... then drill. Ill see if I can take a pic of mine... the instructions suck balls. I could've had this done in less than a day had they been clear

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@Salty Ram I would download a copy of the zone list instructions they are better than the BDS instructions however the BDS instructions have information that zone leaves out.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Salty Ram I would download a copy of the zone list instructions they are better than the BDS instructions however the BDS instructions have information that zone leaves out.

I had the zone instructions... almost worthless... had to just figure out 90% on my own