Towing Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just purchased my 08 Hemi dodge ram and the previous owner put towing mirrors on the truck. The mirrors are great but it looks like the passenger mirror looks to be more magnified than the drivers mirror. The small part of the mirror looks fine but the larger part seem to be more magnified to the point where I have to be far past the vehicle in the next lane before I can even see them in the mirror. Can someone let me know if this is normal or there is a replacement for just the mirror portion to bring it back to normal. Again, the drivers mirror is fine, looks like a normal mirror but the passenger mirror has the exact same markings as the drivers side indicating that its not a replacement mirror lens. Any help is great.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forum...you will find your answers here...Are you in Tampa? I am in Zephyrhills...

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I'm not to sure on this, but there are alot of guys that can help, welcome to the forum! Post some pics to :D

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man you guys are quick to reply to posts. on the Chevy avalanche forum it took 24 hours to a see a reply. Yeah i'm in the new tampa area not too far from the Wiregrass outdoor mall. I can get pictures of what I'm talking about but im not sure if the picture will show the problem or not. hopefully someone will have experienced this already.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
yes its normal. Its actually not magnified at all... its exactly the same as the drivers side. You're just used to the passenger side always showing "objects closer than they appear". This was my only peeve about the towing mirrors at first as well, but you'll get over it and used to it quick. I couldnt drive without the tow mirrors now.

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, well that explains why the mirrors themselves, driver and passenger, look exactly the same with their markings. I hope it doesnt take too long to get used to what Im used to seeing in the passenger mirror from other vehicles. Im looking hard over my shoulder right now every time im getting into the passenger lane because im not used to it

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here are some pictures after it was cleaned up. It had a fake hood scoop on the hood that I removed, had reverse fog lights on the bottom of bumper that were rusted which I took off as well, also had mud flaps on front and rear tires that I took off. If anyone is looking for some im willing to sell. They are the ones that use the existing bolts that hold the wheel liner to the body of the truck. Hope the pics post up correctly

Attachments

• IMAG0195(2).jpg
    IMAG0195(2).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG0196.jpg
    IMAG0196.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMAG0198.jpg
    IMAG0198.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMAG0197.jpg
    IMAG0197.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks got it for a great price with only 37k miles, true dual exhaust already on it (no Y pipe) may have to put in an x pipe or put in one DIDO muffler with an internal X pipe, infinity stock system, bully bar, chrome nerf bar side steps, and of course a Hemi. Love the truck!

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet truck and welcome to the forum. :)

I've had towing mirrors for about a year and a half and they took a little getting used to but now I wouldn't change them for anything. I love the look.

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Being that this is my first Ram, is there anything that I should watch out for problem wise given the 2008 year and 5.7 Hemi? And yes, I already know about bad gas mileage

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Welcome TampaRam, you are not far from me. As both Aaron and Wendy stated, you will get use to the tow mirrors, and will love them when you do. Nice truck.

Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
When the cruise ins kick back up at the Shops at Wiregrass you should swing by and hang out for a bit.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Welcome nice truck. Change plugs every 30 to 50k (30k I prefer) change transmission fluid and both filters about the same 50k at most don't use anything but ATF+4 fluid and if someone tells you otherwise take it somewhere else both are key on Dodge IMO. It is a well engineered beast but misunderstood by many.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone
$miley

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, Yeah I just did a fresh oil change with Mobil 1 synthetic and Mobil 1 filter. didnt realize this beast takes 7 quarts, definitly pays off doing the oil change myself than paying some else to do it for double the cost. Yeah let me know when you start something back up at wire grass. Me, my finance and little one love going out there

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
They already got ya straight lol, welcome to the forum.