Towing Tech Group vs Tech Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTarka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm preparing to order a 2021 Ram 2500 Big Horn. Will be using the truck to tow a 5th wheel camper occasionally.
Interested in the towing-related camera options and looking at adding either the 'Towing Technology Group', or the 'Technology Package'.
The description on the web site looks like the Tech Package is a super-set of the Towing Tech Group.

Does anyone know what the major differences are between these two packages? My main interest is towing visibility, but the Tech Package is attractive because of the upgrade to the 12-inch display.

Thanks

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
my son recently bought a new 2500 laramie. he does not have good things to say about the towing tech group. maybe because it is new to him but he says it is a pain when backing up..as soon as he shifts out of reverse to make a correction, all the info he had just set on the screen goes away back to default and has to be re entered. he does not like the 12" screen (coming from an 8.4) and the rear facing led lights on the tow mirrors are so bright that they make too much glare on the back wall of his garage that washes out his rearview mirror when backing in..maybe just kinks he will work out after he has it a while..he is like me in that we do cad work all day and we prefer the fewest clicks as possible to get things done and he says the tech stuff on his new 2500 is often overkill.