tpms - new,stock,bypass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got my 22"SRT replicas and not sure what to do with the tpms. Should I swap the ones from the stockers, buy new ones or bypass them all together. If new. Where would be a good place to get them. Oem or are there any good aftermarket ones. Who is running without them? Chime in folks...want to get these wheels on!!! Thanks guys

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
swapped the stock ones from the OE 17" steely to the OE 20" sport.

Why pay or not use something you already have?

W69DY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel 12
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can you bypass the tpms? I sold my stocks and forgot to take the dang tpms out to put in my 35's. What's a good aftermarket brand ?

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I kept my stock tires and wheels and run em in the winter . . . I bought OEM sensors on Amazon for $60 for all 4 for my new wheels . . . Change the wheels over and the truck automatically picks up the change . . . No flashing from the dealer required . . . It's a good feature to keep, these big tires are too expensive to wear out because of incorrect tire pressure, and getting out and checking them by hand is a pain in the ass when you can just hit a button and check em . . . And if you don't replace them you EVIC will ding at you every time you start the truck

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@BOWERSFJ what brand are the Amazon ones for that price? Model number if you have it would be great since I'm a 2012 as well

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I kept my stock tires and wheels and run em in the winter . . . I bought OEM sensors on Amazon for $60 for all 4 for my new wheels . . . Change the wheels over and the truck automatically picks up the change . . . No flashing from the dealer required . . . It's a good feature to keep, these big tires are too expensive to wear out because of incorrect tire pressure, and getting out and checking them by hand is a pain in the ass when you can just hit a button and check em . . . And if you don't replace them you EVIC will ding at you every time you start the truck

Are these the ones? Amazon.com: SET OF FOUR (4) JEEP CHRYSLER DODGE RAM TIRE PRESSURE SENSORS TPMS 56029398AB Model: Car/Vehicle Accessories/Parts: Automotive

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
When I had my new wheels and tires put on last week, I had new ones from the local RAM Dealer installed with them...

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For $7 more I ordered the kit that brought 5. Now I have a spare!

Only downside, now I have to wait another week until they get here...God bless my wife for putting up with my hobbies...my living room has 4 wheel boxes, 4 tires and an Undercover Tonneu cover all waiting to be installed. Now thats love LOL! Cant wait to get it all done and post up some pics...

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Only downside, now I have to wait another week until they get here...God bless my wife for putting up with my hobbies...my living room has 4 wheel boxes, 4 tires and an Undercover Tonneu cover all waiting to be installed. Now thats love LOL! Cant wait to get it all done and post up some pics...

Wow, she certainly sounds like a keeper . . . Specially when I look at your list of mods

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow, she certainly sounds like a keeper . . . Specially when I look at your list of mods

Very much so...notice I said HOBBIES...this is my daily, the real money pit is in the garage barely noticeable in my avatar. '91 Mustang Coupe fully built 347. If she didn't leave me then she never will!!!:):):)

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just an update. Wheels and tires with new Schrader tpms on...no warning lights immediately read them. Here is a pic with the new setup along with the Undercover tonneu. Now for an alignment.
8cea3321cb2e8f3b12951af55c269cdf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk