TPS SYSTEM DOWN...800miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I didn't get 50 miles on the truck before one of my TPS Sensors crapped the bed on me. Drove all the way back, went to dodge, and they put a new one in this afternoon. Test drove it, got it to register and was working before I left the dealer. Got 25 minutes down the road, and the whole system shut down. What gives?0.jpeg

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Take it back.

I highly doubt that exceeding your state's speed limit by driving it at 74 MPH being the cause. However, tires do heat up at highway speeds which increases the PSI. I have had issues with my TPMS when the tires exceeded too high of pressure.

A couple of winters ago I set the cold 285 70R17 tire pressures at 60F65R at a 0 degree Fahrenheit ambient temperature in Colorado. While driving at the 80 MPH speed limit the same day into southwest Utah at a 70 degree ambient temperature my TPMS warnings were activated on the dash without it stating the cause. It appeared to be malfunctioning, but it might have been due to overinflated tires.

Last edited:

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Awwm man. you take that truck back to the dealer and tell them someone in Texas is extremely pissed because he found this truck. lol.

As said above though. Take it back, and dont be happy about it when you get there!

Also. have you checked the tire pressure in the tires? because when i bought my truck the stupid dealer had my tires at over 75PSI!! this could cause an issue with the system. But also your safety!

So check those first. If fine. get on the dealers ass!

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Dealer just said it sounds like the entire module is bad and to bring it in so they can confirm or deny. I’m having a hard time agreeing that the entire module is shot. I’m thinking lose connection or something along those lines. Anyone have any experience with this issue?

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dealer just said it sounds like the entire module is bad and to bring it in so they can confirm or deny. I’m having a hard time agreeing that the entire module is shot. I’m thinking lose connection or something along those lines. Anyone have any experience with this issue?
If the techs are at least halfway decent and go through the basic trouble-shooting that is outlined in the factory service manual for this issue they will be able to determine that. If they blindly start throwing parts at it, and in the case of a new module that is likely the most expensive part, that is there issue since it's under warranty.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Tell the dealer to fill up your tank or throw some free oil changes into the bag for all the driving you're having to do due to their misdiagnosis.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Tell the dealer to fill up your tank or throw some free oil changes into the bag for all the driving you're having to do due to their misdiagnosis.
Wait dont you get 4 free oil changes anyway with the powerwagon with the ram care ****? I did.. I thought it was a thing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I didn't get 50 miles on the truck before one of my TPS Sensors crapped the bed on me. Drove all the way back, went to dodge, and they put a new one in this afternoon. Test drove it, got it to register and was working before I left the dealer. Got 25 minutes down the road, and the whole system shut down. What gives?View attachment 222426
Disconnect the battery in the morning for a reset. Test you pressure. If over 65 cold bring it down to 55-60 then take it for a drive.
Tires were over inflated and they expanded past the parameters.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Disconnect the battery in the morning for a reset. Test you pressure. If over 65 cold bring it down to 55-60 then take it for a drive.

What is everyone running their stock Duratracs at? (Cold) For everyday driving.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Disconn

Disconnected the negative terminal and left off for several minutes. Reconnected it and started the truck. It popped up initially but this time wouldn’t show the reading on a completely different tire. Then immediately went back to original picture in original post saying “ TIRE PRESSURE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE “

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Disconn

Disconnected the negative terminal and left off for several minutes. Reconnected it and started the truck. It popped up initially but this time wouldn’t show the reading on a completely different tire. Then immediately went back to original picture in original post saying “ TIRE PRESSURE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE “

Have turned it off and turned it back on. Continues to show back left (#4) as flat lined. Then after several seconds, goes back to showing everything is unavailable and service the TPS system.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Disconn

Oh dang. That worked for me. Psi was 75 when cold and it heated up and cleared 80psi. I had to go in after 4000 miles to get a new tire sensor, I haven’t had an issue since and I’m sitting at 26k now. Sorry I was no help.
When you start to build your truck you may turn it off altogether like some do. It is turned off by the Tazer on the red wagon because The chalk test on the Yokohama‘s MT 35”was best at 48 psi. But the gray one likes it at 53-55 on Toyos AT 35”

30DCA987-89B9-44EB-A3AE-E7F3CB76EE3A.jpeg

9F678F64-682B-4BC1-B7EE-7A502E80BED6.jpeg

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
They cleared all the codes and ran the truck down the road for awhile. Came back and said it’s working now but we expect it to go out again. Had to order another TPS sensor for #4 (back left) from a different dealer here in town. Should be in by the end of the day. Went into work, went to back the truck in and the rear camera has now stopped working. Go into work and call them. They want it for the rest of the afternoon to do a full diagnostic test on it. Don’t know what that involves. Get in the truck to take it to them, TPS system is working again (showing #4 flatlined still) and back up camera working again.

what in the hell is going on with this brand new truck???

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
They cleared all the codes and ran the truck down the road for awhile. Came back and said it’s working now but we expect it to go out again. Had to order another TPS sensor for #4 (back left) from a different dealer here in town. Should be in by the end of the day. Went into work, went to back the truck in and the rear camera has now stopped working. Go into work and call them. They want it for the rest of the afternoon to do a full diagnostic test on it. Don’t know what that involves. Get in the truck to take it to them, TPS system is working again (showing #4 flatlined still) and back up camera working again.

what in the hell is going on with this brand new truck???

Not sure but I blame @LeesEvoX - he turned you onto that truck didn't he? Lol

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Not sure but I blame @LeesEvoX - he turned you onto that truck didn't he? Lol
All his fault... lol

"Casually Exits through the back door"

Lol. man y'all need to quit. i do feel bad! hopefully its just a little bug or something. i know my truck still does some weird ****. Like the 12" screen froze a couple times, along with the back up camera just being black.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
"Casually Exits through the back door"

Lol. man y'all need to quit. i do feel bad! hopefully its just a little bug or something. i know my truck still does some weird ****. Like the 12" screen froze a couple times, along with the back up camera just being black.

It’s just driving me crazy right now...

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Its a brand new truck!! id be going crazy too! i dont understand why dealerships pump up the pressure so high. It seems to be a common occurance.

I just want it to be the beast that it is and not keep having these little issues. I've never had so much trouble with a new truck.