Traded in my 2013 Express for a 2014 8 speed R/T today. Will my Diablosport work ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cajunhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought a 2014 R/T 8 speed today with 6000 miles. Traded in my 2013 Reg cab express, Will my Diablo Hemi Fever tune, with updated vin work with the new truck? Any tranny tuning issues? Any issues with the 8 speed?

Attachments

• new truck.jpg
    new truck.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 126

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
As long as you unmarried the tuner from the old truck you are fine. You can load the canned tune but you will need to send sean the 2 files again so he can write you the correct tunes for that truck. He does charge a small fee for vin changes.

OP
OP
cajunhemi

cajunhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice looking truck. Looks like it's already lowered
Thanks. I'm thinking its lowered also. Shocks appear to be stock. Strangely, I didn't see a front swaybar, but I've only had one cup of coffee this morning. Going back to the dealer today to get my amplifier and 10" sub out the 2013. I'll be asking them about that swaybar.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Very nice truck. As James said earlier, as long as you returned the old truck to stock, then the canned Diablo tunes will work on your new truck. You will need to contact Sean to get the custom tune for the new truck though. There is no transmission tuning for the 8 speeds, but Sean can still tune the motor for you.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Cajun, I like your new truck. Not that it matters all that much with the 8, but which rear end did they give you?

Was the red truck a 6 speed? If so, which do you prefer?

Canned tunes are ok, I guess. But the 91 Hemi Fever flat romps!

Good luck Caj. Keep up in the loop.

z28th1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Cajun, I like your new truck. Not that it matters all that much with the 8, but which rear end did they give you?

Was the red truck a 6 speed? If so, which do you prefer?

Canned tunes are ok, I guess. But the 91 Hemi Fever flat romps!

Good luck Caj. Keep up in the loop.

The '14 RT trucks come with 3.92 gears.

OP
OP
cajunhemi

cajunhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.92 gears with 8 speed. my 2013 had 3.55's and the 6 speed. I'm using tow haul mode around town to hold the gears, 8 speed is great. power delivery seems more linear.... I found some bumpstops under the passenger seat., not sure if the rear was leveled or a drop was installed. I deleted all the Hemi Fever tunes per Sean via email. I'm having a problem loading the canned tunes still ....

OP
OP
cajunhemi

cajunhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This one was registered in New Iberia before I picked it up. Got it from All Star in Denham. First one I've seen in this color.

Attachments

• get it.jpg
    get it.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 100

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
When you say you are having trouble loading the tuner on the truck, what is not working out? Does it say vehicle not supported, or is it just saying that you need a calibration update? Try updating the tuner on your computer again before loading it into the new truck.

OP
OP
cajunhemi

cajunhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is a calibration update. I retuned the 2013 to stock, erased all the downloaded tunes on the Diablo. It is giving me a series of alpha numerics for a code. when I enter the code, it says vehicle not supported. I need to go buy another usb cable to plug into my laptop... I'm a little confused at this point.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
It is a calibration update. I retuned the 2013 to stock, erased all the downloaded tunes on the Diablo. It is giving me a series of alpha numerics for a code. when I enter the code, it says vehicle not supported. I need to go buy another usb cable to plug into my laptop... I'm a little confused at this point.

You might need to update the tuner again..

I had the same problem when I first tuned my ram with my Intune. I had to update the tuner twice.