Trailer Brake Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gudbrand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel 1500
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello,

Having issues with my 2018 Ram Rebel. It says on my screen "Trailer Brake Disconnected". With my trailer connected, I have running lights, brake lights, signal lights, and the battery charges. However, squeezing the brake controller (factory) does nothing. With the trailer disconnected, when I squeeze the controller I should see the gain on the screen, but nothing happens. It shows my gain as 0.0 and never moves. I checked on my wife's 2019 ram, and when there is no trailer connected and I squeeze the controller, it shows the gain.

I have checked all my fuses, and I actually pulled out the ITBM (integrated trailer brake module) from her truck that I know works and swapped it with mine. Still nothing, however, the one from my truck works in hers. When I have checked the harness coming from the controller with my meter, I can see that the continuity changes when I squeeze the controller, so I'm thinking the harness is fine.

I'm now at a loss as to what I can check next, and would appreciate any suggestions.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You tried the ITBM module and it worked, but did you try swapping the slider module also?