Trailer Wiring Harness 2015 Ram 1500 Bighorn 3.6L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toonCaptain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Hi guys and gals , new member here . I have a question. I have a 2015 ram 1500 , Big horn quad cab , 3.6L. I recently noticed my trailer wiring plug was busted/corroded. So I Bought a plug and play from Hopkins. It was a 7 blade / flat 4 combo. When I crawled under the truck to remove the old plug that was mounted on the bumper , it had a pigtail that went to another plug mounted on the truck. The truck side plug was melted . I had to cut it off and splice / test light , all the wires . Id like to find a new factory plug like the one that was melted with the wiring harness and get it back to factory , but no one at ram parts knows wth im talking about. Can anyone point me to the right part? thanks.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So your double 4-way and 7-way trailer connector on the outside of the bumper that the trailer pigtail plugs into is fine, correct, and the part you’re looking for is the short little wiring harness that basically goes from the truck wiring to the backside of the trailer connector, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only thing I could come up with is this part number here; 68068628AA but I can’t find anywhere that has an image of it to see what it looks like but at least the one dealership I called said that this plug plugs into the back side of the factory trailer connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'd you think you might be installing a tailgate light bar, you could use a CURT 56584 adapter. You can cut the vehicle wiring side plug off and splice directly to the vehicle wiring and plug into the back of the bumper plug.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EA6WQU/
Have you contacted Bernie in the AllMoparParts.com vendor section?