Trans oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The dealer charges a fortune for this, and you have a two video process just to check and see the level if they do it. Maybe dyi, it is a detailed process,

Here is part 1 of just how to check the fluid level, I'm sure you can find part 2.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Here's the factory ZF instructions that come right from ZF when you buy a brand new 8 speed from the dealer.These are from the guys who actually build the transmission.Pay close attention to the high lighted paragraph,you need to jack the rear tires off the ground a fair bit to get the transmission pan rail level. The cars don't need jacking up,as their transmissions sit virtually level in the chassis,while the trucks transmission sits tail down a fair bit. Once you look at where the fill plug is,it's pretty self explanatary on why you need to jack the truck up a fair bit to level the pan rail.

Attachments

• IMG_3383 (2).JPG
    IMG_3383 (2).JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 22

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Shout out to @chalk04 and @ Wild one for their experience and advice here on the forum..

Attached is a photo of my 8 speed temps after a fluid and filter change along with installation of the @chalk04 brass insert.

This is trans temp after 2 5lb boost 1/4 passes. I do have an edlebrock supercharger installed so I expected higher temps.

I am still speed limited to 108 but there is a whole lot more available.

New tuning software (Hp tuners) from flyin Ryan performance arrives on Wednesday and I expect great things in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 20220403_135441.jpg
    20220403_135441.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 13