Trans Tune for Higher Fluid Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I took apart 2 different valve bodies to see how each one works and document my findings in a PDF i’m writing about these trans, and in the process, i just so happened to order a trans gasket separator plate for my new trans & sonnax accumulator pistons to handle higher line pressure.

So, the question is, which tuner should i get? Is there any way to boost line pressure using Alfa? I’ve read the stock vb can handle up to 160 PSI, and with the upgrades i’m looking at id like to (if possible) raise that up to 200. Those numbers could be way off though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwendel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
No way to do it with alpha. The max factory pressure is just that. If you have one of the good transmissions you can run more pressure without upgrades. The bad ones dont last regardless of the basic mods since they probably leaked too much new.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It's just like psi in an engine, it has spikes and valley's. If the rfe can handle 160, I don't think we would be having all of the leaking we have. I'd gauge what successful line pressure looks like by how the trans is shifting. If you put a plate or gasket on and it's not shifting firmer, then I would mess with line pressure. But if you do that and it's shifting firm, call it done. Obviously you can't raise line pressure without a plate or gasket, so that has to get done first.