Transmission help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Dickerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2002 ram 1500 with a 5.9 motor. The reverse went out in the transmission (which is a newer 46re) I replaced the transmission with an older version of the 46re that supposedly came out of a 2002 dodge ram truck with a 5.9 motor. Well the only thing that is different on the the two transmissions is the neutral safety switch. But from what I've been told by everyone is that I don' have to have the neutral safety switch but now my truck wont start. Everything fit perfectly and I don't know or understand why my truck wont start. Has anyone ever had a problem like this.

Hesabiggin111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
My guess would be the neutral safety switch. Did you bypass it in anyway or just removed it?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My guess would be the neutral safety switch. Did you bypass it in anyway or just removed it?
Wow, not sure you saw the date on the post but you surely brought this one back from the dead. Ive done the same thing before too so no worries.

Hesabiggin111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Man I'm so tech illiterate it's not even funny. I'm sure I'm doing all kinds of things wrong. I'll try and remember to watch out for the date. Thank you