Transmission slip/buck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Whelp been a while since I’ve felt this but my problem is back. I have an 04 2500 qclb 5.7 with a 545rfe and at 125k M I felt like it was “bucking” in OD around 60mph and on slight uphills like it didn’t know if it wanted to downshift or not. ******** mechanic at the shop said it was the tranny so I had the tranny rebuilt with a new TC. Guy said he still didn’t like the trans pressure and recommended I get a tuner to fix it. Fine by me, already planned on that. Well, 04 2500s don’t have the luxury of trans tuning with Diablo sport so needless to say that trans pressure has not changed. I’m now at 148k M and I have been feeling the same thing from time to time but on the way home just now the truck went berserk. It’s like it had an absolute seizure in OD with the slip/buck/whatever it is. Possible low line pressure??? No CELs as of now but one would assume... Anyone have any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SFD213

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Bumping for anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SFD213

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Guess this forum is dead too

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Guess this forum is dead too
Yeah this side of the forum is dead nowadays but to your issue, it could be line pressure or a clogged up cooler or your pcm is on its way out, also possibly a bad connection, corrosion or the like somewhere. It could be many things and will require someone with good diagnostic skills to pinpoint. Sorry I couldn’t help but good luck and let us know what the outcome is.

OP
OP
SFD213

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah this side of the forum is dead nowadays but to your issue, it could be line pressure or a clogged up cooler or your pcm is on its way out, also possibly a bad connection, corrosion or the like somewhere. It could be many things and will require someone with good diagnostic skills to pinpoint. Sorry I couldn’t help but good luck and let us know what the outcome is.
Figured it out. It was a misfire in cylinder 7

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007