Trekstep ? UPDATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Should be same as amp step for install. Pretty much just 2 bolts. Super easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks. The instructions look easy but you never know lol.. Did you have to remove a bumper bracket ??

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Had mine for since around July. Had a few reservations at first, but did some mods and now it's great.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/trekstep-bumper-step-thoughts.122319/

wink
Thanks for the link! Very helpful ! I was looking at the AMP but did not want to spend 250$ +. I picked up on E bay from a dealer at a price I could not pass up :) So worst case I will resell it if I do not like it ! :) Did you remove the rear bumper bracket ??? As for size I am a light 220lbs :O

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the link! Very helpful ! I was looking at the AMP but did not want to spend 250$ +. I picked up on E bay from a dealer at a price I could not pass up :) So worst case I will resell it if I do not like it ! :) Did you remove the rear bumper bracket ??? As for size I am a light 220lbs :O

Yeah I'm 230-240 depending on how hungry I was that week. ;) You do have to remove that one bracket, but the TrekStep basically replaces it, and the step bracket is really beefy. An update to my first post on this. The same rubber bumpers I put on it are still there, and still working fine. Nice and quiet. So if it ain't broke... It's worked really well for me, and everything still feels real tight. Other than that clang and a high price, I highly recommend it. Still might get their side step.

wink

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Yeah I'm 230-240 depending on how hungry I was that week. ;) You do have to remove that one bracket, but the TrekStep basically replaces it, and the step bracket is really beefy. An update to my first post on this. The same rubber bumpers I put on it are still there, and still working fine. Nice and quiet. So if it ain't broke... It's worked really well for me, and everything still feels real tight. Other than that clang and a high price, I highly recommend it. Still might get their side step.

wink
I have wheel to wheel boards so no side step needed for me lol. What are those rubber bumpers you used and any idea where to get them ?

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have wheel to wheel boards so no side step needed for me lol. What are those rubber bumpers you used and any idea where to get them ?

I'm a pack rat, so I had them in the garage. They're just rubber edge bumpers, like for a desk. I would think you could find a variety at Home Depot, Lowes, etc..

wink

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I'm a pack rat, so I had them in the garage. They're just rubber edge bumpers, like for a desk. I would think you could find a variety at Home Depot, Lowes, etc..

wink
Thanks I will see what I can find :)

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I've had mine installed for about 4 years. I want with Bestop over Amp for the same reason. It has worked flawlessly since.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I've had mine installed for about 4 years. I want with Bestop over Amp for the same reason. It has worked flawlessly since.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
Arrived yesterday and it does seem to be well made :) Now for the weather to get above 40* to install :)

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
The weather warmed up to 30* so I grabbed a tarp to lay om the snow for the install. Did not want to wait lol Install very easy and maybe 15/20 min is avg. Mine toolk about 30 minutes as I needed a box wrench to double check step bolts ! When weather gets warmer I think I will put some Blue Loctite on the bolts just to be extra safe !
Step easy to use but does rattle when closed, Should be a easy fix to stop by adding that spacer like WINK said ! Real happy with the price and saving 100$ because the box was opened made it better :)

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6

fivestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have one too. Love it. No issues at all so far. I installed mine last summer. Normally when I need to get something out of my bed I have my trailer hooked up. Definitely helps a lot.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have one too. Love it. No issues at all so far. I installed mine last summer. Normally when I need to get something out of my bed I have my trailer hooked up. Definitely helps a lot.
So far I like it :) Beats sitting on a wet tail gate to get my old butt in the truck bed lol

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one, and use the fck outta of it. Funny when I orderd originally from E trailer, they sent me the wrong one, and after a week of going back and fourth they orderd up the right one. Unfortunately it was on back order so I had to wait 3 months, but they never asked for the old one back, so a lucky buddy of mine with a single exhaust truck got a new step.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wink, I am also going to add the rubber bumper to my step ! Just for the rattle when closed,, Cost mt 5$ :O Thanks for the tip

No problem! I'm curious as no one else has mentioned the clanging. Closing was way worse on mine. Sounded like it was smacking the bumper, but now it's quiet. Never heard any rattling though. Wonder if there have been revisions... Anyways, enjoy it.

wink

Last edited:

fivestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah mine “clanks” too when closing. I must’ve missed where the rubber bumper goes. Haven’t really been too bothered by it though. I just try to raise it slowly.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah mine “clanks” too when closing. I must’ve missed where the rubber bumper goes. Haven’t really been too bothered by it though. I just try to raise it slowly.

Mine was disturbingly loud. I just don't want to let two pieces of metal hit that hard. Seems over time, something's gotta give. There's a link to my thread on the first page if you're interested. Shows pics of where I put the bumpers.

wink