tried electronics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
i tried to post this in the electronics, but it would keep logging me out.....wierd. Any way my wife was driving me to the airport yesterday and she hit a decent sized pot hole, my lamp out light came on. WTF got out at the next stop all lights were on, everything. then the lamp out light went off as i got back in the truck. 5 miles later, same thing but it would flicker on and off??? figuerd maybe a loose fuse?? so i popped the fuse box and pushed down on everything and my wife said when i did that it stoped flickering and went off. Problem solved right???.........Wrong im stuck at a school in dorktown VA and my phone rings its my wife, lights back on and my left blinker is blinking fast. Burnt bulb?? no, txt's me 10 min later and the lights off and the blinker is back to normal now. WTF im at a loss here, what the hell coulld i check its obviously shorting some were? or a loose connection buts the "ding" every 5 seconds is annoying. Any help Ram GODS

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Start by checking the back light panel. A lot of the time the rear light panel (forgot what it's called) but that will go out and is very common. It is that panel that the lights go in on the rear lights.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
bulb starting to go bad loose contact probably

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
see, my thought was bulbs dont really start to go bad, they just go. thats why i was thinking loose connection some were, just wasnt sure too look if all my lights work........

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Your truck looks like an 04 or 05 and the tail light panels go bad on those. I had to replace my passenger side after the 5th blown bulb and the dealer saying there was no problem with them. I think the part was fairly cheap.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Just had this happen to me. Chased it around couldn't find it, Finally by chance I walked around it and I found a taillight out. Looked at the bulb and it was good, but the socket had a little burn mark on it. Changed bulbs and cleaned the socket. Reinstalled the new bulb with some dielectric grease and all is good.

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Lately I have been battling a lamp out notification myself. All of the bulbs are fine so I narrowed it down to either the tail light circuit board or the connector/wiring for the drivers side tail light. To try to narrow it down further I swapped the circuit boards on the driver and passenger side figuring that if the problem moved to the passenger side I would know it was the board. Well...now the damn thing works fine...no more lamp out. I just put it all back together and left it alone. I didn't expect the problem to go away but I'm not going to worry about it until it comes back again.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah i had the same problem Greg did a few weeks back. I dont have a tail light out indicator but i got a call from a friend who was behind me and told me i had a brake light out. I was going to change it when i got home. So i got the wife to push the brakes and oddly everything worked. I called him back and gave him hell about it. He swore up and down he saw it out. So i went back out to the truck and took out both left and right brake bulbs tail light and what do you i find? Actually both bulb bases were slightly melted and burned. I put in some new ones and dabbed some dielectric grease on the base and i checked them yesterday and they are still looking good.

Here's a pic of one of the bad bulbs. looks like the cookie monster got after it.
bulb.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
replaced the back light strip, so far, no more lamp out............thanks guys