Trouble with alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Calling @Tach_tech or other guys like him.

Hopefully it’s not because I took my truck to the Ford dealership to get my alignment done but around here where I live, I figured they would be the best people to go to since they’re not one of those small town shops but anyhoo, I went in there Friday to have an alignment done and I don’t know if it’s because of the air suspension and something else has to be done to align one with it or if it’s just because the alignment tech has never done one on one of these but they ended up mirror imaging my original problem by making the steering now pull to the left and the top of the steering wheel sits at probably 11:55 whereas before, it was pulling slightly to the right and the top of the steering wheel was at like 12:05 so without being able to align it, they didn’t even charge me which is cool but just in case somebody else may not really know how to do this if they’ve never done an alignment on one of these 1500s with air suspension, what else has to be done differently other than putting the suspension into alignment mode?

The guy that did it said that when he would get it where he wanted it and then when he took it out for a test drive, he said the air suspension kept popping it out wherever that meant. I told the guy he had to go into the Uconnect settings and put the suspension in wheel alignment mode and, he said he did but now I kinda question if he did because I didn’t watch him do the work.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just thought I’d update the thread and say that I was able to get my alignment figured out. I just took it to the Dodge dealer and I don’t know what they did differently but they got it aligned really well so I’m not sure if the Ford shop just didn’t know how to do it or what.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"I took a Ram to Ford to get it aligned and they messed it up. I took it to Ram and they got it right". It seems that not only did you step on your d i c k, but you jumped up and down on it until you mashed it into a fine paste.
Excuse me? What crawled up your backside to say something totally off base and uncalled for?

But for your information, the only reason why I even took it to a Ford place to get my alignment done was because number one, the Ford house is right there in my little town whereas the Dodge place I took it to was thirty miles south and second, the last time I took my vehicle to a Dodge dealership- my old 08 Ram I had before- they ended up messing the alignment up so bad that it started to eat my front tires.

Needless to say, the place I went to this time was not the same place that screwed up the alignment on my last truck and not only that, I was told by several people that the alignment tech at the Ford place I took it to the first time was really good. I guess it turns out that maybe he’s not that good or maybe he’s just never done an alignment on one of these trucks that has the air suspension- I don’t know but I do know that the Ford place was nice enough to not charge me for the alignment so perhaps you need to reevaluate who’s trampling all over their own willie.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is not the location it is 85% the tech and 15% the equipment
I would assume the truck needs to be running for active trim Hight

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is not the location it is 85% the tech and 15% the equipment
I would assume the truck needs to be running for active trim Hight
You're probably right and I told the guy about going into the Uconnect settings to put the suspension in "wheel-alignment" mode but I don't know if he actually did. Hell, that mighta been his problem, who knows.