Trouble with media center.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with the media input center. I don't a cd/dvd player in the truck. Everything is either radio, satellite, USB, SD card, or Bluetooth. I mostly use the SD card for my music and this passed week I noticed a problem.

My stereo is failing to find my sd card, usb, or bluetooth music. Occasionally it'll pick the up and play, but most of the time nothing.

I learned today that if I leave the stereo on Satellite or regular radio before I turn off the truck, then the next time I turn on the truck and switch to media, the media will work. If I turn off the truck with the stereo still on media, it won't find any media the next time I use the truck.

Anyone else have this problem?

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a USB hard drive connected to mine, only on occasion does it lose connection to it when I shut the pickup off, I just switch radio then back to media and voila, back again!

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Have you installed the most recent update? Go on the update website and put in your VIN and it will tell you if your radio is up to date. That might be the problem.

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is up to date, according to the website. My 2011 did the same thing too, I figured it's probably just a glitch and not a bid deal to me so I don't worry about it.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Mine is up to date as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I guess then maybe it's just defective? Mine was updated today at the dealer and is still acting wierd.

RamSport13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have the same problem with mine, I have a 32G usb drive in mine, I figured it was just the size of the drive, that it took so long to recognize it. But no, sometimes it starts right up other times like you say just sits there waiting for input.

I found that, with mine, anything over a 1G usb drive and the stereo will fail to find it at times. We know that the new 8.4a(n) have a lot of glitches. I think this is just another one.

I am on my 3rd head unit in the truck, have had every problem, at least it feels like it, that the radios have had. Still having things pop up, just waiting for the unit to die again.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
So they just replace the headunit for you at the dealer? I assume they had to order one? I still need to get the recalls fixed, so maybe I'll have them check it out then.

ihnken33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Does anyone transfer their music from their thumb drives or SD cards to the hard drive installed in the truck?

I was told there was one there... I don't know.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I don't think that is a possibilty in tge 2013's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4