troutspinner’s Budget SQ 2014 Crew Cab Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ou812

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well Trout,

I ordered 4 rolls of peel and seal.... Has a slight tar smell. Do you notice it?

peel and seal has no purpose of being inside an automobile at all. the smell under the heat and it has almost no noise suppression properties at all. It's kinda like a sugar pill that will make you sick all the time you think its helping you.

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
4 Rolls! I would not suggest that. I used a half of a roll inside of the 4 doors, covering the outer skin as far as I could reach.

I've since read some mixed results of using Peel and Seal, odor, melting and stickiness or lack of. I do not anticipate much odor as it is inside the door itself but melt could be a concern with hot summers. A definite YMMV situation.

If/When I get hard and heavy into deadening inside of the truck, I will buy an intended product in lieu of Peel and Seal for those reasons I mentioned. I would suggest you do the same.

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just read the first page of this thread and I have to chuckle a bit. I might have to rename the title to "Troutspinner's 1st Builder..EVER!" LOL Sorry David.

From my initial purchased equipment list to now, the only thing left is the Focal Mid-Bass in the doors and the amp wiring kit. Oh, and the one sub but I then added an additional sub. And the jury is still out on them if I hear a better sub down the road. ;)

It's a good thing money grows on trees.....oh wait, it doesn't!

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I just read the first page of this thread and I have to chuckle a bit. I might have to rename the title to "Troutspinner's 1st Builder..EVER!" LOL Sorry David.

From my initial purchased equipment list to now, the only thing left is the Focal Mid-Bass in the doors and the amp wiring kit. Oh, and the one sub but I then added an additional sub. And the jury is still out on them if I hear a better sub down the road. ;)

Haha.... Luckily I can support my expensive hobbies... My Fountain 38cc (although it is still in CA), My R/C Jets and quality audio gear. I ordered 4 rolls because they needed to be shipped so I wanted enough on hand but I don't want that tar smell so I may not use it at all now. lol

BigBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Express CrewCab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a post about how I got the signals from my HU for my amp with high inputs. I went to the back of the HU and used posi-lock connectors at the harness. I then ran these lines from the front of the vehicle to the rear. From that point, I have control to go high into an amp, a DSP or a LOC. If ever I want to remove the equipment from my truck, I can just unscrew one side of the posi-lock connector and re-attach the existing wire.

While I do not like cutting into factory wiring, there is no harness available yet for our vehicles with a 8.4a/8.4an. I did research getting the connectors on my own and building my own harness, it is achievable but I would have to buy the connectors, the pins, a tool to crimp the pins, etc. and it was cost prohibitive.

Here is a pic of the result. Notice the heat shrink "nub" with the zip tie on it. Those are the existing wires that I could reconnect should I ever need.

attachment.php

I really like these posi-lock connectors. They are really strong, re-usable and make quite a nice connection. Look at the photo below how the wire forms around a conical pin, pretty nice connection.

attachment.php

" you can tap into each channel of your stock harness with out cutting it by placing 47Ohm - 3 Watt resisters after your speaker taps.
'
"can bus works off resistance, if your head unit doesnt see the proper resistance it doesnt put out the intended power(watts) as a safety feature.."

Just another avanue for guys who want to keep their OEM Uconnect systems

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
" you can tap into each channel of your stock harness with out cutting it by placing 47Ohm - 3 Watt resisters after your speaker taps.
'
"can bus works off resistance, if your head unit doesnt see the proper resistance it doesnt put out the intended power(watts) as a safety feature.."

Just another avanue for guys who want to keep their OEM Uconnect systems

I see you posting in other threads about the resistor. While I appreciate your effort, it is not relevant to this thread.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Attachments

• funny-dog-pictures-bumpin-system (1).jpg
    funny-dog-pictures-bumpin-system (1).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 38