Truck drifts left when brakes applied

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgsguitar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
My 2011 Ram 2500 4 x 4 Diesel wants to drift left mostly on the first application of the brakes, but immediately subsequent applications of the brakes and it does not do it so much.

BTW, I don't feel a whole lot of left pull through the steering wheelbut rather is just dips or draws a little to the left.

I have had new upper and lower ball joints, new front and rear brakes ( complete ), new steering box and steering rods , new steering damper, new shocks front and rear, new wheel bearing on drivers side, new drag links, new tie rod end at least one side, new universal joint on one side, and all within the last few days to last few months. This thing should be almost like a new truck under the front end.

But, despite this the truck dips or drifts left on first application of the brakes.

Appreciate any thoughts on what could be causing this ?

Thanks Jim

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Not trying to be a wiseass, did you check the brakes? Usually sliders get rusted up and start causing uneven braking like that.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sliders, could be an uneven left front rotor, grabbing a little. Also, all them parts, alignment????

oldguy2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do the free thing first and swap the front tires side to side. If no change could be one of the brake hoses. Had the same problem with a Chevy PU and it was a restricted brake hose.

OP
OP
T

tgsguitar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Do the free thing first and swap the front tires side to side. If no change could be one of the brake hoses. Had the same problem with a Chevy PU and it was a restricted brake hose.
Thanks to all that responded, since I've already replaced the pads, rotors and calipers I'm thinking maybe an issue with a brake hose.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like a sticky right rotor. As mentioned the sliders could be the problem

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks to all that responded, since I've already replaced the pads, rotors and calipers I'm thinking maybe an issue with a brake hose.
Just because it had all those new parts doesn't meen they were installed properly.The caliper bolts and slides may not have had the attention the required.A hose partially collapsed is a possibility.