Truck Oil Life Computer, 3 months in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WISluggo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A while back I changed my stock Dino oil to Pennzoil Platinum, and kept it at 5w20 using a NAPA gold filter. That was 3K miles ago, and today I checked my EVIC for oil life remaining and it indicated I have 71% remaining...that's a 10K oil change interval in my book.

I will likely still switch the oil at 5K miles as I think the filter may be the weakest point...plus I kind of want to add a qt of redline and top it off with the remaining Pennzoil Platinum to see if I can increase the Moly. I also plan on doing a UOA during the oil change to see what it looks like...thanks Burla, you are such an enabler

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I would try and clear the evic when the light comes on. I forget how exactly but I think you have to turn key fob to the position right before the engines turns on, and then push gas pedal 3 times, and then turn key to off position then go back and turn the engine on, should reset your oil life back to zero. Whatever your evic is saying your oil should be good for 8k minimum. Looking forward to the UOA and updates on that mix.

OP
OP
W

WISluggo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With my EVIC I can just press and hold a button to reset the oil life indicator, but I do think I will change the oil before it reaches zero.