Truck Shakes at idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gallifreywho

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Classic Long Horn Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently bought (may) a 2019 Classic long horn edition. It currently has 22,000 miles. I have noticed that when the truck is at idle there is a small shake to the entire truck. I can be very obsessive about things so I asked my gf to see if she felt it. She did and so did my father. I took the truck to the dealership (since it's still under warranty) and had the head mechanic start it see if he felt the same shake. He said that he felt nothing and if there was a problem the engine light should come on. He stated it could be trash in the gas or something else minor. My observations are as follows: The engine light has never came on. There isn't a knocking or banging sound. I have tried different grades of gas 93 etc and no help. The shaking is slight, but its noticeable. I haven't noticed a bad shake while driving, but the roads where I live are bumpy so I might miss it. I have bought a K & N Airfilter and am going to try to see if that helps. Any advice or recommendations will greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I recently bought (may) a 2019 Classic long horn edition. It currently has 22,000 miles. I have noticed that when the truck is at idle there is a small shake to the entire truck. I can be very obsessive about things so I asked my gf to see if she felt it. She did and so did my father. I took the truck to the dealership (since it's still under warranty) and had the head mechanic start it see if he felt the same shake. He said that he felt nothing and if there was a problem the engine light should come on. He stated it could be trash in the gas or something else minor. My observations are as follows: The engine light has never came on. There isn't a knocking or banging sound. I have tried different grades of gas 93 etc and no help. The shaking is slight, but its noticeable. I haven't noticed a bad shake while driving, but the roads where I live are bumpy so I might miss it. I have bought a K & N Airfilter and am going to try to see if that helps. Any advice or recommendations will greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

We certainly understand why this would be concerning, @gallifreywho. Please do not hesitate to follow up with our customer care team for further support as you work with your dealer. You may call in at 866-726-4636 or submit your info here to receive an email follow up. https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/ram/emailpage.html

Mark
RamCares

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
its a v8 they dont run 100% smooth mine will idle prty smooth but you will always have a Little rumble here and there at idle impossible for us to tell if it is a misfire or anything sometimes engine light does not come one if its minor.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Well sometimes mine will have a little shake and sometimes it’s so smooth you can barely feel it running.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

My wife's car was a rattle trap on 5w20, even redline 5w20 and m1. I went to 5w30 pennzoil, mind you I had zero idea about the rattling, I went to 5w30 for other reasons. Anyhow, the rattle is absolutely gone, lol.

There are some additives that are nothing but beneficial to your engine, lubegard biotech might make it smooth and is fairly cheap, check the amazon reviews. Redline 5w30 is known to make hemi's "butter smooth". But those strategies are not sanctioned by fca if that is a concern to you.