truck will not start with the key but will with remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge girls r Ram tough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello new to posting to this.. My Problem is my truck will not start with the key, it will start with the remote start but no dash lights or gauges until I put the key in and turn it forward. Then as soon as I put my foot on the brake to put it in gear the truck dies, still will not restart with key...I was told that there is probably a short in the remote starter, but I can not find any worn or exposed wire, im at a loss it just really seems backwards
Any help or advise would be helpful.
Oh just cleared a check engine light had to replace an O2 sensor

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The alarm system probably has a security switch. I has the same issue on last ram. It was a pin under the hood that was spring loaded and when up it wouldn't let me start it but would remote start. When that broke it stayed up, so I had to stick a bolt in there to depress it and zip tie it do it stayed down

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dodge girls r Ram tough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok thanks for the thought I will look for that... I also forgot to include in my post that my cruise control is not working either, all fuses are good too