tuner help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I can chirp when i shift now if I floor it and catch the TC right lol. You need to shut traction control off on the tuner to burn some rubber, unless you have 3.92's, but if you want to lay a stip you need to shut it off in the tuner. Just remember tires aren't cheap..

OP
OP
J

justram2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
if I shut traction control off with the tuner, does it shut the abs system off to?

OP
OP
J

justram2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
hey just curious, can anyone tell me if I shut the traction control off with the tuner, does it actually shut off abs? just wondering before I do it and mess something up. also checked gears are 3.55s

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I could spin the tires pretty easy when my truck was stock. Stock 20s too.

Not much weight in the back makes it pretty easy.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This is probably a stupid question, but I'm just curious. When you hit the gas from stand still, are you throwing your foot to the floor pushing the gas peddle wide open all at once, or are you gradually pushing it to WOT? Just asking.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Haha floor it like you want to put a hole in your floorboard :)

OP
OP
J

justram2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
yup that's what im doing. I wouldn't be so concerned if everyone was saying the same thing, but guys on here with stock trucks saying they can do it easy makes me wonder if I got a dud or what im doing wrong

DavidinGA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport Blue Streak
Engine
Time for some 4.10's man.....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
yup that's what im doing. I wouldn't be so concerned if everyone was saying the same thing, but guys on here with stock trucks saying they can do it easy makes me wonder if I got a dud or what im doing wrong

I have the 3.55s too, and stock I could barely chirp tires with traction control off. As for having the tuner with TC off, you shouldn't have any trouble spinning tires some. Have you checked "Last Tune Written" in the settings of the tuner to make sure the tune loaded correctly?

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have another quick question. How many miles would you say are on the tires. If the tires are still fairly new, you may be getting too much traction to spin the tires.

OP
OP
J

justram2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
yeah or at least 3.92s, but but not sure if its worth it for the cost factor. im not looking to lay rubber all the time. I am gonna look into a tourque converter and headers, again depending on cost

OP
OP
J

justram2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have another quick question. How many miles would you say are on the tires. If the tires are still fairly new, you may be getting too much traction to spin the tires.

actually no I haven't checked chacked last tune, like I said earlier im new to the tuners, didn't know I could. I will though. So you shut traction control off? and your abs system is off to? Im not sure I want to shut abs off. as for miles well im from Canada so there is approx. 17000km on the truck.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I didn't shut traction control off from my tuner. If I want to turn it off I just push the button on my console. I definitely don't want ABS turned off. I don't really see a need to have it off 100% of the time. Only when wanted. I'm not sure how many miles that comes out to. Also, I do have a .5 mile gravel driveway and my tires are covered in gravel dust. And I also fly through curves all the time. So those 2 things probably help my cause in spinning tires.