tuner help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justram2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
hey there im new to all this mod stuff, I have a 2013 sport, so far I have a catch can and ported throttle body from moes, I have a magnaflow catback exhaust and I just got a diablo intune tuner. I was hoping for a little more power, I think I can notice more pickup, but still not getting any tire spin. also I loaded just the 87 tune on the truck, tried to shut off the mds but when I drive the truck the ECO light still comes on. Any help on this, or any suggested settings, or other mods?

DavidinGA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport Blue Streak
Engine
You couldn't already lay rubber while all stock???

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

justram2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
nope none, now with the tuner I can sometimes get a quick chirp. it is a crew cab truck but still you would think there is enough power. any help or suggestions at all would be good.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey there im new to all this mod stuff, I have a 2013 sport, so far I have a catch can and ported throttle body from moes, I have a magnaflow catback exhaust and I just got a diablo intune tuner. I was hoping for a little more power, I think I can notice more pickup, but still not getting any tire spin. also I loaded just the 87 tune on the truck, tried to shut off the mds but when I drive the truck the ECO light still comes on. Any help on this, or any suggested settings, or other mods?

If you shut off MDS with your tuner the ECO light can still come on. ECO means your driving "economically".

OP
OP
J

justram2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was under the impression, and thought I read in the manual that the eco light was when you were running on 4 cylinders, maybe Im wrong?

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Maybe try a 91 or 93 tune. I don't have a Diablo but with my Superchips I can tell a big difference between the same 2 tunes

OP
OP
J

justram2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
yeah I have thought of that, but im in Canada and gas is fairly pricy so id rather stick to 87 octane. u think a truck with this rated HP would be able to spin tires no? thanks for the suggestions so far, keep them coming, mods settings anything. im new to mods and a new member here

DavidinGA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport Blue Streak
Engine
nope none, now with the tuner I can sometimes get a quick chirp. it is a crew cab truck but still you would think there is enough power. any help or suggestions at all would be good.

I have a bone stock 2014 Ram sport Hemi 8spd crew cab 3.92 and lsd and I can lay dual marks down easily....

Did you try putting it in tow mode and turn off traction control?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Minimum recommended octane in my manual calls for 89

...I run 94 octane gas (Husky or PetroCan) exclusively,
and always have since day 1 , four years ago.

<click pic for video>
10' RCSB 4x4, 3.55 gears, intake, Maggy catback and Diablo 93 tune. that is all (before supercharger)

th_003-1.jpg

I may have spent more on gas, but I get more SPG ... Smiles Per Gallon :waytogo:
..if I wanted to save money on fuel, I would have bought a Prius or a TDI Jetta

Last edited:

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Don't feel bad, it took a lot of mods before my 2012 R/T would ever spin a tire.

OP
OP
J

justram2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
see that's what I don't get, some guys say they can lay rubber easy, my truck wont not even with a couple little mods and tuner. what else should I do? and can anyone add the ECO light still coming on, even though I shut MDS off, or so I think?

wibble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
So I just got my trinity, and I have a Mac. I can't find a thredt that shows how to use the Mac. Do I have to buy windows for my computer or something? Bc if that be the case this was a huge waste of 685 bucks and will be in the mail headed back on Monday.

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was under the impression, and thought I read in the manual that the eco light was when you were running on 4 cylinders, maybe Im wrong?

ECO means your driving economically not 4 cylinder mode. Shut off traction control in the tune. These trucks have traction control and ESP (stability control) that pulls power if 1 drive wheel spins more than the other. Thats why its easier to spin with a LSD. Better gears would help also. Or a torque converter.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If your truck is like mine, you should have a traction control button on the center console. Just turn that off and floor it from stand still and you should be able to spin tires. Then, if you want, you can turn off the traction control full time from the tuner. Also, as mentioned above, ECO just means you're driving economically. With MDS on, did you ever hear that helicopter type sound from your exhaust when MDS would kick in? Try to listen now with it off. You shouldn't hear that sound. That sound is the engine dropping 4 cylinders.

newtothegame

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
see that's what I don't get, some guys say they can lay rubber easy, my truck wont not even with a couple little mods and tuner. what else should I do? and can anyone add the ECO light still coming on, even though I shut MDS off, or so I think?

Go into your EVIC, scroll down the menu via your steering wheel controls and you'll see an option to toggle the Eco mode light on and off. That should turn off the Eco light only! To shutoff MDS, that's done via your tuner.

OP
OP
J

justram2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
thanks for the advice, so I went to turn the traction control off with the tuner and it said it will shut off the abs system as well so I didn't do it. yes I can shut the traction control off with the button but doesn't change anything.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
thanks for the advice, so I went to turn the traction control off with the tuner and it said it will shut off the abs system as well so I didn't do it. yes I can shut the traction control off with the button but doesn't change anything.

If I leave the traction control on, I can chirp tires at best. But when I turn off traction control can spin tires through about 1/4 of 1st gear.

OP
OP
J

justram2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
ive tried both ways and truck wont do it, its a bit disappointing knowing you have a truck rated at 395 hp stock. Its not that I want to spin tires all the time it would just be nice knowing you can. so did I waste 600 bucks on the tuner?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
ive tried both ways and truck wont do it, its a bit disappointing knowing you have a truck rated at 395 hp stock. Its not that I want to spin tires all the time it would just be nice knowing you can. so did I waste 600 bucks on the tuner?

What rear end do you have? I drove one with the 3.21 and couldn't chirp the tires. With the 3.92's you should be able to easily

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk