Tuner options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trucker J

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey y'all. I have a question about doing a tuner to my '07 2500 HD 5.7 4x4. I should start off by saying the idea should be the most cost effective and most simple to operate. I've thought about putting a tuner on my truck for some time, but never got around to it. As you can see by my profile pic, my truck isn't lifted ( leveling kit only ) and I have 33" tires on it. I've replaced simple DIY stuff to the truck and toyed with the notion of a tuner for quite some time. I went searching on Google for tuners and a PCM sensor came up with decent reviews! This is probably the most simple tuner, just plug in and leave alone. I'm wondering if these sensors actually work. I've done exhaust, intake, and a few other mods over the years. Can anyone help me with this question about using this sensor? It's called a Performance Chip Revamp.

This is from their page:

The PCR Performance Module focuses on increasing power to the wheels of your Ram 2500 while optimizing fuel efficiency for the most miles per gallon. To achieve this, the PCR Performance Module completely revamps the air and fuel mixture going in to allow for the most efficient burning of the fuel possible. Our PCR Performance Module safely puts out the most performance within factory parameters to date. Giving the Ram 2500 an incredible increase in throttle response for absolute control in any driving situation. Essentially, adding up to 60 Horsepower and up to 8 MPG for you to enjoy on the road!

I just need some expert advice. Thank you!

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
"60 HP and up to 8mpg" LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nope. Ain't happening on a gas truck with a simple plug in tuner. False claims, Fake reviews, all marketing hype.

Keasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
best policy buy things you can use like floor mats, leave your truck as stock as possible.
I guess I am getting old but you buy a new truck with a stainless steel exhaust just to cut it out to put in a cheap no warranty muffler,or exhaust pipe to make more noise so the police,and your neighbors can hear you coming.
So smart, and with out a ton of of other mods the noise exhaust is just that no power just noise.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you know the words “Horse ****” is spelled PCM tuner plug and play and leave it alone. They are going to send you a resistor with some wires and tell you splice it into the MAF, or IAC , yada, yada, yada. The problem with that is that unless you’ve made improvement’s, Cam, heads, throttle body, intake etc.....to the other area’s that influence that, which you don’t, they take you’re money put your name on a list and see what other “Horse ****” they can get their friends to sell you.
They don’t work plain and simple, want some better response get a pedal commander, want some better fuel mileage, tune it up index the plugs, throw on a CAI, and a Dual exhaust and then purchase a real tuner/programmer.
Diablosport
Flashpaq
Superchips etc... those work and you and adjust shift points and allow for tire size speedo corrections.

mopar44134

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Buddy had his SRT tuned with a Diablo. Loved the performance. Cant speak to fuel mileage, he cant keep his foot out of it. Me, (no srt) new headlights that arent fogged over. Just bought it a few weeks ago.

Jeff Strader

BlackBeauty
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The first thing I did to my 07 RAM 1500 Bighorn when I got it was to slap in a DIABLE TUNE. I turned 'OFF' the MDS and installed the #1 settings. Tightened everything up. It has almost 300,000 miles on her now and still going strong....(not to mention a Hemi with a Flowmaster exhaust system and functioning MDS, sounds like a busted Mazda. It had to go!)

Jeff's iPhone Pics 664.JPG