TUNING VALUE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Before I do any tuning/dyno i will be calling you Rick for direction. Performance Plus here in Saskatoon has a good rep for tuning I hear.
I buy my Brisk Racing plugs through them,as they beat Davenports price on them,even after shipping is added,but that's about all i know about Performance Plus,i know nothing about their tuning abilities

george55378

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For just a little 345 smallblock,the trucks will open your eyeballs up, for how fast they are wide open with the limiter removed. Going to a carshow awhile ago,i had the cruise set at about 60 mph,when a 71 429 Cyclone passed me,so i figured i'd see what he had,his old 429 topped out at just under 130,so i pulled out and passed him like he was in 2nd gear.He looked me up at the car show wanting to know how the hell a late model Dodge truck could pass him that easily,lol
Got 147mph with my '15 5.7! Still had pedal! Decided i better slow down,tire speed rating worries. Edge Pulsar Hack...

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's the regular cab shortbox 2 wheel drive 8 speed trucks that have the driveshaft issues.Their driveshaft leaves a bit to be desired with it's unsupported slip joint in the shaft.
Ok. I thought it was all of Gen4’s…I dont think Ive been higher than 105 in mine. I just like getting there fast!

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ebay / Craigslist / local buy and sell pages are good places to keep an eye on,along with checking with the local auto wreckers/SGI Salvage etc. You can buy them new through Matt Fikac at Moes or MMX,they both sell them in stock and ported form,but they'll make your butt pucker on price by the time you get one shipped to your front door in Canada.
They're a composite manifold,so they're easy to port at home with a dremel and shaft attachment,just a bit time consuming to do,especially if you're a bit aanal like me.I haven't ported the 6.4 truck manifold,but i have ported the stock 5.7 truck intake and the stock 6.4 manifold on the wifes car, taking my time i usually figure on a couple evenings work to port one
in your opinion what would be a decent price (in Canadian monopoly money) on a used 6.4 intake, should I ever come across one on marketplace?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
in your opinion what would be a decent price (in Canadian monopoly money) on a used 6.4 intake, should I ever come across one on marketplace?
That i wouldn't even guess on,my version of decent price is probably differant then yours,lol
They're well over $1900,but that includes everything including a new throttle body.

There's a used one on Ebay.com with broken tabs for $500 USD

Matt at Moes starts at $800.00 USD and goes up from there,depending on how you option it out

Modern Muscle are the porters for the above Moes manifold,and they start at $770.00USD and like the Moes manifold go up in price depending on how you option it out.

Last edited: