Turning off traction control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mackio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone, is there a way to completely turn off the traction control/ESC while in 2wd? I want to do donuts and fish tails in the snow but that traction control really gets in the way of that even when I press the button to turn it "off".

I know you can hold it while in 4wd and it shuts it off completely but I REALLY want it off in 2wd...

Thank you for any help!

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are different ways. Some people will wire a switch (I have no idea what wires or how).
If i needed to do such a thing i can do so with Hptuners which can be accomplished in 2 ways:
One is temporal, one click but you have to have a laptop with you everytime you want to turn it off again. You click the option to disable once and the system will remain disabled until you cycle the ignition. next restart is on as normal so youll need the laptop to hit the disable option one more time.
Or you turn it off in full, also one click but also one calibration write. in this case the whole ESC thing will be off after each iginition cycle until you write a new calibration with the normal setting back.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have not. I saw it mentioned somewhere while researching this topic, that on some years, like my 12, pulling the fuse disabled more than just the abs/traction control.
I’m looking into the option of wiring in a switch, but wiring it in tends to take a back seat during the summer months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Only way is to pull the fuse.
F26 is the fuse to pull.

Have you done this? Any problems or codes?
The dash BRAKE light on but it will go away when the fuse is replace. If you pull other fuses relates to the ABS, there will be hard set codes that have to be cleared.
It takes out the ABS/ESC so driving on the road is not recommend with the fuse out.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok...think I will stick with the off button. Thanks.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what does traction control actually and physically do?

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
John Jensen's got it figured out...

I hear ya Mackio. These damn trucks just aren't any fun with the ESC on.
Ram SHOULD have a switch to disable the ESC just like they have one for the traction control (or make that switch one in the same).
Winter driving is just no fun if you can't drive down the road sideways...
;-)

Take the ABS fuse out, and you can do all kinds of fun stuff, especially with old tires!

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Here's my "switch"

Attachments

• 22a-ECS-TCS Modification - JFJ .pdf
    236.4 KB · Views: 23

Daddyhas2boys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone, is there a way to completely turn off the traction control/ESC while in 2wd? I want to do donuts and fish tails in the snow but that traction control really gets in the way of that even when I press the button to turn it "off".

I know you can hold it while in 4wd and it shuts it off completely but I REALLY want it off in 2wd...

Thank you for any help!

Thank you for any help!

I have a button on the dash which will disengage/engage the traction control...

Daddyhas2boys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a button on the dash which will disengage/engage traction control...

Daddyhas2boys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes but mine terminates all if it and it looks a little different from your button, I can get sideways, donuts, and whatever I want to do if I turn it off