Twin Turbo system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nah. It's more fun to make the guy who purchased a ZO6 feel slow when you get a '94 Toyota pickup sleeper to walk his ass from a stoplight... That project is in work right now.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nah. It's more fun to make the guy who purchased a ZO6 feel slow when you get a '94 Toyota pickup sleeper to walk his ass from a stoplight... That project is in work right now.

Gonna take a lot of work to make that happen lol.

A heads, cam, intake C6 Z06 is easily 600+ RWHP and under 3,500lbs with a driver, and that's still naturally aspirated on the stock shortblock without any weight reduction.

But that's just in a straight line, and only idiots buy a Z06 to go in a straight line. They just happen to be good at that as well lol.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gonna take a lot of work to make that happen lol...

Oh ye of little faith. When the truck weighs in at a hair over 3k lbs stock, once it's guttes with an all aluminum, turbo small block 427 and proper suspension, well... that's when the fun starts. Best part is it will still be a driver.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here's what I used to play with...

picture.php

Under all of that is a Dart aluminum block stuffed with a lot of billet and forged goodies topped with a Turbonetics T3/4 hybrid. Only thing "automotive" is the LT1 intake which we used because of it's low clearance.

I put them in these (this happens to be my fathers)...

picture.php

When you use the right parts, take your time to get all of your tolerances just right, and get your tune right, you can make lots of power for a long time. Your average street car dragster might make 450-500 hp for a 12 second blast. These engines run at 510 hp for hours on end without so much as a hiccup. It's all in the parts and BMEP. Get it right and it'll last a loooong time making as much power as you want.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Oh ye of little faith. When the truck weighs in at a hair over 3k lbs stock, once it's guttes with an all aluminum, turbo small block 427 and proper suspension, well... that's when the fun starts. Best part is it will still be a driver.

Like I said, it's going to take a lot of work.

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
I wonder what the PCM tuning implications would be with a swap like that.

So far what I've been finding, Arrington may be able to fool the PCM into thinking it's a 2500. I was just going to go to a junk yard and pull one out and try that.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It's all in your perception of work. :)

I can back-half this 'yota in my sleep. This is fun.

Look dude, I'm not gonna sit here and debate semantics with you on by buddies thread.

It's the relative difficultly involved when comparing the two options. Swapping heads and a cam is a hell of a lot easier than all the custom fab, fully built motor, full suspension, etc.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Look dude, I'm not gonna sit here and debate semantics with you on by buddies thread.

It's the relative difficultly involved when comparing the two options. Swapping heads and a cam is a hell of a lot easier than all the custom fab, fully built motor, full suspension, etc.

Easier? Sure. More fun? Nah. I think it's a lot more fun to watch an old truck wax up a Z06. Where's the fun in making a fast car fast? Why not be original? If someone were so inclined, they could take the money that a Z06 would cost and build damn near anything to outrun it in the quarter and on a track. The Z06 is a race car from the factory. It's no surprise when it performs well.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Easier? Sure. More fun? Nah. I think it's a lot more fun to watch an old truck wax up a Z06. Where's the fun in making a fast car fast? Why not be original? If someone were so inclined, they could take the money that a Z06 would cost and build damn near anything to outrun it in the quarter and on a track. The Z06 is a race car from the factory. It's no surprise when it performs well.

Fun is an opinion. Relative difficulty is not.

And I guarantee you that it would be nearly impossible to build a car as fast as a mildly modified Z06 down the strip and around the track for anywhere near what it would cost you.

But as you said, it's a "racecar" from the factory. Pratt and Miller, who built the C6R, had a hand in the development of the C6 Z06 because they wanted a car that was a better race car. That's a hard value to beat right there, and it's why I got one.

But I'm done arguing about this. Good day.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Still no mic drop smiley doo hickey. We need one.

Last edited:

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well that escalated quickly. How did this thread get so off track anyway? I thought this was a Ram truck forum, not a Z06 forum. If we wanna talk about random cars then how about I bring up the fact that my brother engineered the chassis and brakes for the original re-release of the GT40. That's a badass car too. It's nice to have a wiz like him if I have chassis questions. Oh, and I met Bill Ford... Jr. or Jr. Jr.. Who cares. Let's get back on topic.

Twin Turbo Ram.... GO