Tyger Rider step bars installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Installed a set of the tyger Rider step bars this morning. Had a set of basic/generic drop steps similar to the N-fabs. Before the knock-off N-fabs I had oem stainless steps that I installed. Removal of the old knock offs, which were only a few months old, was easy, 6 bolts on each side (no pinch weld mounts). Dropped them down and started fitting up the Tyger mounts and brackets. The Tyger mounts are solid, and the finish is a nice wrinkle paint/powder coat. The brackets are stamped with their location, PC (passenger center), etc, but due to the finish, not exactly easy to read. But, it's there and makes installation a bit easier. The hardest part is installing the pinch weld bracket. What I ended up doing is installing all the brackets, fairly loosely, mounting the bars on the brackets to ensure all the holes lined up. Then, went back and tightened everything. Overall, installation probably took me about 1.5 hours on my back on a weirdly contoured driveway. The brackets will work for all 4th gen crew cabs, but on the earlier trucks, you may need to drill out the holes for the pinch welds. I highly suggest that you use those mounts, even if your truck doesn't have the holes pre-drilled. It seriously makes the steps rock solid. That's why I ended up ditching the other steps, well, plus my wife and youngest boy had trouble with the smaller step. If you only utilize the 6 body screws, there's a chance you could crack the body and break those mounts off. The pinch weld helps to keep those mounts from flexing when under load and breaking. Now, fit and finish is really good, especially for a sub-$200 step. They fit tight to the body, don't hang down very far, and are solid as a rock.
Included are some before and after pictures.
20220329_083515.jpg
20220329_083523.jpg
20220329_101624.jpg
20220329_101630.jpg

Last edited: