U12 / Electronics Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Felix Davenport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all!

So I started my 2019 Ram Rebel 5.7 and the U12 system sound was non-existent. I tried shutting it off and restarting but the problem still occurred.

Long story short: I removed the negative terminal left it off for 20 mins, got back in, started it and then half the functions worked (radio, GPS). Most didn't work including air, SirusXM, etc.).

I let the vehicle run quite a while in case it needed to initialize, yet it remained for over 30 mins (broke). I got out of the truck, walked into the grocery store and returned 45 mins later, started the vehicle and everything worked.

Although I am happy everything worked, I am worried this may happen again. The vehicle has 3.7k miles which is worrisome for such a new vehicle.

Is the common? Is there an update that fixes this?

Thanks in advance.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi all!

So I started my 2019 Ram Rebel 5.7 and the U12 system sound was non-existent. I tried shutting it off and restarting but the problem still occurred.

Long story short: I removed the negative terminal left it off for 20 mins, got back in, started it and then half the functions worked (radio, GPS). Most didn't work including air, SirusXM, etc.).

I let the vehicle run quite a while in case it needed to initialize, yet it remained for over 30 mins (broke). I got out of the truck, walked into the grocery store and returned 45 mins later, started the vehicle and everything worked.

Although I am happy everything worked, I am worried this may happen again. The vehicle has 3.7k miles which is worrisome for such a new vehicle.

Is the common? Is there an update that fixes this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Felix,

I do apologize for the trouble you had to experience, as I certainly understand your sentiments here. If you have not done so already, I kindly recommend checking to see if any updates are available for your Uconnect system: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html.

If this happens again, we recommend following up with your dealer as they are in the best position to diagnose and determine the appropriate course of action. Our team is also more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support if you do end up working with your dealer on this.

Mark
RamCares