Uconnect 5 Sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah, my only experience is with my wife's 22 Pacifica and it feels like a step down from the UConnect 4C OS (slower and too busy).
I don't know why the Pacifica U5 is so slow. Mostly I notice it just when starting the van. It takes much longer to become useable than either of my Ram uConnect systems. But once it finally boots all the way up, it seems ok.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I don't know why the Pacifica U5 is so slow. Mostly I notice it just when starting the van. It takes much longer to become useable than either of my Ram uConnect systems. But once it finally boots all the way up, it seems ok.
I wonder if it tends to get slow loading if you add all the widgets? Maybe if I just get rid of all the shortcuts it will have less to load and work faster? I still think the overall look and feel of UConnect 4C is the best UI of any vehicle manufacturer's OEM radio.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I still think the overall look and feel of UConnect 4C is the best UI of any vehicle manufacturer's OEM radio.
Having owned Nav versions of both a U4 8.4" and u5 12" in similar Ram pickups, I'd disagree. I like the system in my 22 quite a bit more than the U4 system in my 18. I was not unhappy with the U4 system, but the system in my 22 is just better in every way.